ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, I am not interested in anyone commenting about my lack of downforce from eliminating my STi spoiler, I will not be on the track or freeway at 120+ MPH most of the time, and I'll let my driving make up for my lack of traction at those speeds. Now for those of you out there who want a wingless trunk to get rid of your giant sti wing simply because it is huge and attracts way too much attention, I came up with an idea, or simply a temporary solution to cover up your 17 holes until you do find a wingless trunk. This took a good 4 hours, but I do have some experience with fiberglass. Here a few pics of the beginning stages.

·
Registered
312 Posts
That looks awesome!

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
Not bad :thumbup:

Side note: Your fog light cover STI stickers are too high ;)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Haha close, its just the bottom half of the stock sti wing with remolded ends, no major changes like that

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,234 Posts
Good thinking, impressive.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Looks awesome! You did a great job, it reminds me of those whale tail spoilers though lol. Does the brake light on the spoiler still work though?

·
Registered
250 Posts
Wow, thats incredible! Like, jeese, looks better than the stock wrx wings! Speaking of wingless trunks, would anyone be willing to trade a trunk with an sti spoiler on it for my wingless trunk? I am 17 and enjoy flashy things that make anyone over the age of 65 make obscene gestures with their face when I drive by. I have an 02 wrx, and its black.

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,234 Posts
I have an 02 wrx, and its black.
There is a wing swap thread, you might look there. Be aware though that any STi trunk that is black and has not been painted will NOT match your car's paint. No US STi cars came in metallic black pearl, which is the paint your car has.

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
Very nicely done. I'd love to get rid of the gigantic spoiler from my STI, but I'm looking for something lower that's on posts rather than contacting the trunk all around, similar to the old WRX spoiler I had on my '04 STi.

And who cares about a lack of downforce from a huge spoiler. I bet you get a pretty good amount from that design.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts