ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:D

Had our SUV for 5 years now. It has served us well. But since I got a good deal & while the old car still had some resale value, we decided to trade it in for a Forester XT Touring. A very big thank you to Clayton at Ramsey Subaru ,our car sales vendor.

The XT Touring comes standard with HIDs, heated leather seats,power controls with lumbar adjustments on the driver seat, heated mirrors,wiper deicer panoramic moonroof, backup camera,alloy wheels,power controls for inclining the rear seats,fog lights,sidemarkers on the mirrors.

With a couple of options like auto dimming mirror, rear cargo tray, all weather mats,sport grille body side moldings we payed $27297 before taxes.

When we picked it up it looked like this

Now it looks like this

·
and the Funky Bunch
6,124 Posts
New grill > Original grill :)

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,231 Posts
That's posh. The backup camera is something I will always demand in future SUVs. I initially thought it was a luxury but now I find it a must have. Congrats.

·
Premium Member
10,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
New grill > Original grill :)
Seriously. It is like a totally different car with the new grille.

That's posh. The backup camera is something I will always demand in future SUVs. I initially thought it was a luxury but now I find it a must have. Congrats.
Thank you. Yes, I still have to get used to the backup camera. It is quite addictive.

I used it for the first time yesterday for some tight parallel parking & found I was able to reverse to about an inch from the car behind with ease.

·
Registered
958 Posts
I was the same way, but found it is very nice when backing up the truck.

Rage: Very nice XT, the grill makes a huge difference.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
That grille is sick. Plastidip the wheels or get some black ones ;)

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,808 Posts
So how is the FXT compared to the WRX performance-wise? I know it's down about 30hp compared to it's sporty cousin, but how is it as far as driving experience?

Great find, Tony! That sport grill is perfect!

·
Premium Member
15,697 Posts
That is bad ass.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So how is the FXT compared to the WRX performance-wise? I know it's down about 30hp compared to it's sporty cousin, but how is it as far as driving experience?

Great find, Tony! That sport grill is perfect!
Car is still in the break in period. So I haven't done any 'real driving". I have also yet to use sport shift( was told to avoid it during break in).

I thought at first that the 4EAT would be inadequate. Even with some highway driving I did not have any problems with the lack of extra gears.

Bodyroll is more pronounced of course than the WRX. I tried to take it around a curve I usually speed around in the WRX & the rear end did break lose giving me a scare.

Sound system is way better. Not aftermarket better,but still better. Comes with an underseat powered sub standard.

I wish the interior came in a darker tone. Somehow if you get an OBP you get black leather seats & interior. But if you get a DGM the interior is what they call platinum,looks like a very light gray, I can see how it will easily smudge. Plus in some areas like the hand rests on the door cards where my base WRX has leather,the FXT has the some soft light colored fabric.

The grille is an OEM option BTW.

Very nice
If I need any parts I'll let you know.

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts

·
The Default One
4,489 Posts

·
The Fruit
4,728 Posts
doesn't the fxt share the same bolt pattern that the sti does? I dont think you can put the factory wrx wheel on there mang. But you CAN find some sti stockers to throw on there. I've seen that, and its looks soopa secksy. ;)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts