ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up folks? I'm a new Rex owner and one of my many past times is Softball. I've run teams in the past, and currently have a SUN night team at Clement park for Summer and Fall.

I was trying to think of a cool way to meet new people and REP the REX in Colorado. What better way than to start up a Softball team!

Anyone interested? I can take care of most of it. We would just need to find a sponsor for shirts/league fees or pool all our money together.

Players of all skill levels welcome!!!!! Hollar at this thread if yoru down. If we got female suby owners, we can go Co-Ed!!!!!

Name: Matt
Car: 2005 WRX World Rally Blue
Mods: Helix/UP/DP
HKS Carbon-Ti exhaust
HKS TT
WORX BOV
Premium Pkg.
The all Important All Season floor mats

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wherever....

Clement park has nice fields....Wadsworth and Pierce...

I heard Softball Country has year round fields...

Let's hear who's down for where...

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
That's too far away from me. :( Too bad, I've been playing softball/baseball since I was a kid, and I'm usually always down for more ways to waste my time.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Softball Country does have year round fields, its right across the field by my house. I might be able to play.

FTW

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
where???

Softball country it probably a good middle ground for everyone. There or maybe the fields at 104th and Church Ranch Blvd or 58th/Kipling..

Let's decide on a location and see how many people we can get committed to this....

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Softball Country is on 64th between Federal and Pecos

FTW

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
dope!

How does Thur or Fri night sound?

Fall Leagues are starting in the next 2 - 3 weeks.

Everyone serious enough to get this rolling? If so, I can do the leg work.

OR...maybe we can just meet up and play some...get some practice going on....

Word to the mothership!

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
I would think Thurday nights would work best. I need to practice a few times before I could tell you if I will play. (need to see how many times I can throw before my shoulder dislocates) I would most likely have to play infeild, despite the fact that I am a wicked outfielder.

FTW

·
Registered
406 Posts
I'll play as long as it doesn't interfere with my work, school, or baseball schedule.. sounds like a long shot.

Now I just have to learn how to throw a gianormous ball.

·
Registered
153 Posts
As a word of caution...avoid SOFTBALL COUNTRY. I used to play at that place religiously years ago, but it is in severe decline. The infields are literally sand, with concrete patches under each base. Resulting slides into aforementioned bases will leave large bloody patches on skin. The outfields are so worn out in L/LC/RC/R that they put astroturf patches out there. Have fun when a ball short hops you on one of those, either get your glove up real fast or take a trip to the dentist. Oh yes, I forgot the most enjoyable part, instead of just ordering the 32oz cups of beer, they started to serve hard alcohol in certain drinks. This usually results in "angry softball guy" becoming "enraged softball guy" when a call doesn't go his way. Some of the resulting fights are fun to watch tho.

Then again, this is just my opinion. You guys might want to look into another complex. I know there is one about 4 miles north, the one near Water World. Either way...good luck.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
3 fingas

Wrx21 --- All you gotta do is use 3 fingers instead of 2 like in baseball.

I work FullTime and go to school too, but because I'm a fanatic abotu the sport, I will try everything to see if we can get this coordinated.

So far we have these volunteers:

Iron_Arms - Matt
stalefish19 - name??
PoorAssRacing - will play depending on location?
incorporeal - ditto
mike270 - thinks softball sounds awesome!
djrez4 - is in depending on schedule
Naturalhoosier - Nick is down (schedule concerns too)
AlienPunk - works across from Sball Ctry
TurboLegacy2k4 - down to play depending on schedule
wrx21 - ditto
deucetrey - you down man?

Possible 11 player. We need 10 to play and usually at least 14 - 15 on a roster to compensate for when people cant make it to a game,

Ok, looks like the biggest concern is schedule. I am available Thurs or Fri nights. How bout the rest of you fellas? THUR or FRI evenings work???????????

Where to play??:::: Yes, SoftBall country is dangerous for all those reasons. I just threw it out there as a landmark really. There are plenty of good leagues on good fields.

How about 58th/Kipling?? does that work for everyone? I live way south, but am willing to drive to play.

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
Thursdays are out for me, and I could only do every other Friday. :( If we do Fridays, I could be sort of a permanent sub, if needed.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts