Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
1,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It is insanely light in total weight. 7 lbs lighter in total weight as compared to the 10 lb Toda flywheel and Cusco clutch. Pretty amazing when you consider it uses a 1600 kg pressure plate as opposed to the 1050 kg on the Cusco and the 800 kg stock unit. It converts the clutch to push type and is good to 500 PS. The carbon disc is smoother engagement and lasts 3 times longer than cerometallic. It is also easier on the trans since it allows some slippage without needing springs (which can pop out at the most inconvinient time). We just finished test fitting one and made some changes to the old directions (which were wrong). So far the customer is estatic. The twin disc which should handle 800 ps is coming soon.

·
Moderating U!
4,192 Posts
That does look beautiful. Too bad you will never see it between the engine and the tranny. And Dan, won't that pressure plate and new clutch put even more stress on are already GLASS trannys by grabbing gears much better? I know what I want when my clutch needs replacing.:D

Kurlee Daddee
(THE ORIGINAL)

·
1,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It is easier on the trans than a cero-metallic clutch and has some give to the carbon which is less stressful on everything. It is for the 360+ HP folks. Below that just stay with a stock unit and maybe a chrome-moly flywheel.

·
Registered
507 Posts
How much does the flywheel that comes w/ this clutch weigh? I heard there are some problems, other than stalling which can arise to having too light of a flywheel. Thanks in advance. I'm very heavily considering this clutch. ;)

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Dan,

I'll be going to a Garrett hybrid eventually. What's the warm up time compared to stock (about 2 seconds)? Maximum clamping torque? Is the pedal feel comparable to the first stock clutch design (my clutch)?

-Jim

·
1,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The single runs $1400 shipped. The new twin disc will be around $1900-$2000 I suspect. That includes the flywheel, disc, cover, adaptor and release/pilot bearings. It converts it to push type for better feel and also so that it is not as heavy but it is still noticably heavier than stock. That being said very drivable on an everyday basis. The disc can withstand over 1300 degrees easily so no glazing problem.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
God said:
The single runs $1400 shipped. The new twin disc will be around $1900-$2000 I suspect. That includes the flywheel, disc, cover, adaptor and release/pilot bearings. It converts it to push type for better feel and also so that it is not as heavy but it is still noticably heavier than stock. That being said very drivable on an everyday basis. The disc can withstand over 1300 degrees easily so no glazing problem.
I'm impressed. The double disc is the way to go for me, I think.

-Jim

1 - 13 of 13 Posts