Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've done quite a bit of research and I'm stuck between 2 of them right now. Whiteline Comfort ALK seems to be the most popular, but I think it would be too soft for my taste. On the other end, the Perrin "Super Ridiculously Stiff System" sounds like it'd be too harsh with the spherical bearings.

So if I went with Whiteline, I would get the sport kit. But, whiteline only gives you an added .5 degree positive caster, although I like the use of polyurethane & everyone seems to praise them.

GT Spec gives you about 3ish degrees positive caseter with their kit, but they use rubber bushings, and I don't know anyone that's used it personally.

I'm stuck, so if you guys could help me make a decision and kinda give me some reason why, it would be great. thanks :)

-Rob

btw, a lot of information was sourced from http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=682924

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea, i def. like whiteline too. I got their 24mm adj front & rear sways on my car right now and i love them.
as far as the ALKs go, I'd think that the GT Spec ALK would give you more bang for your buck, right? I mean, you get like 3 more degrees of pos caster from them, while only .5 pos caster from the whitelines. Unless whitelines ALK are built different somehow to improve front end response without the need of the increased caster. I dunno.....

-Rob

·
In Memoriam
3,733 Posts
Go with SuperPro, they make ALL of Whitelines stuff but its cheaper since Whiteline marks it up.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
haha. Thanks for taking care of that advertisement wrx wagone. i dig the pic. looks like a guy i used to work with.

So, whiteline (or superpo) seems to be unanimous so far. Aside from being a very reputable company that has put out great parts, is there something different in the design of the whiteline ALKs that I'm not understanding that make it better?

-Rob

·
Premium Member
25,496 Posts
Im not really too sure because I havent dealt with ALKs yet, but if your questioning whiteline I probably wouldnt. If they only give you .5 then thats probably all you will really need. I am sure they really researched the product before developing it. Whiteline usually does.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh, I'm definitely not questioning whiteline's quality. I know, first hand, they make great stuff. As far as the ALKs go, I was just wondering why they decided to only go with .5 degrees pos caster, while some other kits will give more than that. As far as I know, the more positive caster we can get, the better (to an extent, of course).

-Rob

·
Premium Member
25,496 Posts
Good question. I guess they must of had a reason. To be perfectly honest with you Id PM BIGSKYWRX and ask him as he will know best.

·
Premium Member
17,655 Posts
Good question. I guess they must of had a reason. To be perfectly honest with you Id PM BIGSKYWRX and ask him as he will know best.
I swear.... you mention bigsky's sn on a thread and he'll show up... I think every day the guy gets on here and searches to see if his name was referenced then responds... lol

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hah, bigsky definitely seems like the "suspension yoda" of clubwrx. :) He actually suggested the setup i'm running right now with the konis & sti springs.

yea, they do have different comfort levels, but they're all built with the same machining. So, they'll all have only .5 degrees pos caster. the only difference is the stiffness of the bushing. I think the normal one would be the one for me. But, I remember hearing BigSky say that the race ones really aren't that bad, and ended up recommending those to someone. So, since it looks like everyone's leaning me towards whiteline, I think I might get the race ones too.

-Rob

1 - 15 of 15 Posts