ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been driving my car that i just recently acquired and I realize that when I down shift into a turn it grinds like none other. My friend said I should tap the gas while I'm shifting (about at neutral) and it should help. Is it that the engine keep running and it is trying to catch it or what? Could the STI short shift have any thing to do with it?

Also I had a question about if the 03 wrx comes stock with a turbo timer? If not should I get one installed?

Any help would be appreciated THANKS!

·
Registered
314 Posts
Also I had a question about if the 03 wrx comes stock with a turbo timer? If not should I get one installed?
No none of Subaru's cars have come with a turbo timer, and no you really dont need one b/c our turbos are water and oil cooled so its never really really hot. just keep in mind if you take the last 5 mins of your drive easy, as in not hauling ass down the last few streets hitting max boost then pulling in to your drive way and shutting the car off right away, then your turbo should be fine. again our cars are designed to where we dont need them.

·
Registered
4,016 Posts
rev match and learn to drive 5 speed better? ;)

otherwise possible your synchros are going. first owner may have trashed them too.

·
Registered
4,142 Posts
Do pay heed to both of the people above, and also with the 5-speed I wouldn't recommend trying to downshift into first unless the car is practically crawling (<5mph). Search for Transmission and Cocktail - alot of people seem to like it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts