Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We can all admit that we're never truly happy with any cars stock performance and we all like to tinker. So in everyone's quest for some more power we all set a goal hp and torque wise so what's everyone's goal for their car and I'll take the crank or wheel hp and even a 1/4mi time if that's your thing.
Of course once you get there your goal is likely to change but for now let's here your traget numbers.
I'm shooting for about 380hp at the crank and the 3.8sec 0-60mph of the UK guys.

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
Personally I'd want something along the lines of the power output Dan is running. Perhaps a little wider torqueband, along with a Link(or similar standalone). What I really crave for is all out handling performance....in fact, I'd be happy with stock peak output if the car handled like a WRC car.

·
895 Posts
im looking to get my car into the low 13's, hp (not wheel hp) over 300, and thats probably as far as i'll go, cause i still want a daily driver

·
Registered
41 Posts
i'm looking for a roundabout 300 hp at the wheels. or runnin 12's second car.

i'm not gonna go all out and do it all at once tho, i'm gonna take my time and add pieces for the next few years. Just something to shoot for during xmas or other special times. and buy tiffany (my car) a present :)

--RaCinWRX

·
Registered
33 Posts
only have 300 miles on mine so far, so i really have no idea of just what this thing is truly capable of

first goal is the uppie and CAI

will take it from there and expect to keep the power at sub-GOD levels....unless of course i become adrenaline junkies like most of you (which, from the way you guys talk about this rig, will probably happen)

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I almost forgot I want to cut a time very close to the 11's. My cars previous owner pulled a 12.3 but since then its gotten a brand new motor, new Tomei headgasket, 264/266 cams, HKS GT2530 turbo and a few other bits. 11's are needed to run with the GTR's at the races and damn it I am determined to beat some GTR's.

·
Registered
8 Posts
911 carrera? or 911 turbo. big difference. carreras arent all that fast. turbos, on the other hand....or i could be mistaken. i don't really know all that much about the 911 carreras, or if they even make those any more. so maybe im just making a complete idiot out of myself..

·
Registered
41 Posts
i'm pretty sure he's wanting to smoke a 911 carrera. i mean.. why would he want to race a turbocharger? heheh. well the 911 carrera has the flat 6, while we have the flat 4's soooo.. i'm pretty sure stock vs stock, we'd lose. but not by too much.

--is now wanting to be like wrex4life, RaCinWRX

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm only going to a GT2530 because somebody I know is parting with a 6mo old unit for $500 and its going on a 2690lbs Pulsar GTI-R. The 2530 should get me relatively close to my goal and without hurting the wallet. If I end up running the 2530 to its max then I will consider another upgrade but I like the ball bearing setups so I'll be sticking with one of them. Oddly at the same time somebody offered a Nismo T3 ball bearing for $300 but it would require too much work on the flanges to make it bolt up. Maybe a HKS GT30 will be in my cars future.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Just bought my car a couple weeks ago. My goal is a 300hp daily driver. I don't know why because the roads are so congested here that the stock 227hp is too much. It's a crime to have a car with so much capability and not be able to let it stretch it's legs.

My first mod will probably be the Vishnu Stage 0. It seems like a good, reliable place to start. I need to buy an accurate boost gauge first.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Yeah, but I don't want to jump right off the bat to the turbo upgrade. With the Stage 0 I can have a good hp increase with a relatively small investment and still have the opportunity to add power down the road.

I'll be calling you in the next week or so for the DTT-DC..........

·
Registered
131 Posts
I want 0-60 in the low 4's or high 3's.

I want 1G in the turns

And it's all gotta be a daily driver. What should I do?

·
1,911 Posts
Flyboy said:
Yeah, but I don't want to jump right off the bat to the turbo upgrade. With the Stage 0 I can have a good hp increase with a relatively small investment and still have the opportunity to add power down the road.

I'll be calling you in the next week or so for the DTT-DC..........
I disagree. I think it is pretty expensive for what you get. Turbo upgrade, Unichip and uppipe is all less than $2000 if you go with a cheap VF30 or 23. For your money that offers not only more potential but much more power per dollar spent. You can do the turbo upgrade and uppipe for about same price as Visnhu stage 0 and get more power plus add the unichip later on and turn up the boost.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts