ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the reason I ask is because I want to put STI stuff on my car. I dont want to be ricey, like a civic with type R badges. So what I was wondering is if I physically change what needs to be changed to be an STI then it wouldnt be ricey. So what are the engine and suspention diffs? Or let me know if I should be thinking about this a diff way.

·
: : J-Lovin Moderator: :
1,556 Posts
Only exterior mods you need to do for you to LOOK like an STi is the STi Head lights, front lip spoiler. Most likely side skirts and rear bumper. And the rims probably. As for engine, I'm not quite sure but I wouldn't waste my money trying to be an STi. I would make your car better then an STi. You can probably do it cheaper then doing an STi conversion. But again, I dont know all the differences between the STi and the WRX.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Major difference is the internals.

New heavy duty engine block and internals (280 hp)
New 6 spd tranny.
STI intercooler.
Intercooler water injection system.
STI engine/Tranny mounts.
STI alumin front lower arms.
Special diffs.
STI clutch.
STI spring and shocks.
STI brakes.
Better front/rear sway bars.
STI gold 18" rims with better tires.
STI muffler.
STI fuel injectors.
STI ECU.
STI seats.
STI headlights.
STI ground effects.
STI fog light covers.

Think of the STI as the M3 of WRX.
We will have to see how far ppl can push the US spec STI.

The WRX STI Type RA spec C is lightened for even higher speed.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The heavy duty engine block and internals and the 6 speed tranny would be a fun thing to switch over. Now would the stroker kit be like the heavy duty internals? It couldnt hurt to have an extra gear too. One thing I dont like about my eclipse is that it only has 5 gears. Anyone look into a tranny swap?

But I guess what my main conern is if I put( for instance) sti fog light covers and sti CF front side markers, is that gonna be considered RICEY because its no a real STI?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh also what do they do to the WRX STI Type RA spec C(wow thats a mouth full) to make it lighter? Id like to lighten the car also.

·
1,556 Posts
150mph said:
The heavy duty engine block and internals and the 6 speed tranny would be a fun thing to switch over. Now would the stroker kit be like the heavy duty internals? It couldnt hurt to have an extra gear too. One thing I dont like about my eclipse is that it only has 5 gears. Anyone look into a tranny swap?

But I guess what my main conern is if I put( for instance) sti fog light covers and sti CF front side markers, is that gonna be considered RICEY because its no a real STI?
Puting STi covers or side makers will not be ricey. STi is a company. Just like Blitz accept its only for subaru. There was a discussion about putting a STi badge on your car. Like a sticker or some sort. It went both sides. Some said it was dumb because the car isnt a STi, some said it didn't matter because STi was a company. So puting STi covers or lights will not make you ricey. But if you put a badge on, some people might call you ricey. But who cares. Now a days, everything is ricey.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Dont forget the STi Shifter Plate, STi Radiator Cover and the STi Dash.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Nexus6 said:
Dont forget the STi Shifter Plate, STi Radiator Cover and the STi Dash.
Thx almost forgot these :D

Btw the intake manifold is red on the STI.

·
Registered
772 Posts
PhreeZe said:

Puting STi covers or side makers will not be ricey. STi is a company. Just like Blitz accept its only for subaru. There was a discussion about putting a STi badge on your car. Like a sticker or some sort. It went both sides. Some said it was dumb because the car isnt a STi, some said it didn't matter because STi was a company. So puting STi covers or lights will not make you ricey. But if you put a badge on, some people might call you ricey. But who cares. Now a days, everything is ricey.
So true, you put 1 sticker on and they say rice. They said rice cause I got the clubwrx.net sticker on, what a joke.

·
1,556 Posts
WRXrumble said:

So true, you put 1 sticker on and they say rice. They said rice cause I got the clubwrx.net sticker on, what a joke.
Man I was accused for rice because I wanted to put 18 or 19 inch wheels on a WRX. Oh well what can you do. You cant always think about what others think. AND HOW THE HELL IS A CLUBWRX.NET STICKER RICE????????

·
Premium Member
1,999 Posts
The JDM STi also has a electro hydraulic diff(you can pull the handbrake) while all others get a viscous. The STis(RA esp) have a smaller steering ratio to give 2.6 turns lock to lock while standard WRXs get 3.0 lock to lock.....Prodrive sells one to give something like 2.2 or 2.4. Along with the ALU control arms on the STI, there are also alloy trailing and parallel arms. The STI comes with 17" rims not 18".

·
Premium Member
13,353 Posts
WRXrumble said:

I must have the most ricey car on this forum! Bow down to the RiceMaster! :D

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Oh...I really like that shifter plate.

So I guess its cool then. **** what people think. I'm gonna put a Z06 sticker on mine. That would be awsome. Then people would pull up next to me and think I had a VETTE.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That was a joke, just so you guys know. I dont want you loosing all respect for me.:D

·
Banned
12,156 Posts
150mph said:
Oh...I really like that shifter plate.

So I guess its cool then. **** what people think. I'm gonna put a Z06 sticker on mine. That would be awsome. Then people would pull up next to me and think I had a VETTE.

LOL

i'm going to badge my car with a YUGO badge. then i'll be the ultimate sleeper.

dR

·
Registered
854 Posts
Just make sure that if you're going to put "STi" on your car that you have SOME form of performance enhancement, whether engine or suspension. You guys are right, STi in itself is not rice. I just don't like posing or bullcrap. I have Prodrive lights but I don't (at least not yet) rally. So technicaly I could be said to have rice. But headlights are functional, wheels are functional (not big chrome ones though), suspension is functional, engine upgrades are functional. There's nothing wrong with making your car look different.

But if I ever see a WRX with a "Powered by Subaru" sticker on it I'm gonna puke.

·
Premium Member
13,353 Posts
koyokid said:
Just make sure that if you're going to put "STi" on your car that you have SOME form of performance enhancement, whether engine or suspension. You guys are right, STi in itself is not rice. I just don't like posing or bullcrap. I have Prodrive lights but I don't (at least not yet) rally. So technicaly I could be said to have rice. But headlights are functional, wheels are functional (not big chrome ones though), suspension is functional, engine upgrades are functional. There's nothing wrong with making your car look different.

But if I ever see a WRX with a "Powered by Subaru" sticker on it I'm gonna puke.
I've seen a Subaru windshield banner with the emblem along with it, but no "Powered by"...hehe

I think my Garage SPL windshield banner scares the ricers away :)

·
Registered
3,073 Posts
dark_rex said:

LOL

i'm going to badge my car with a YUGO badge. then i'll be the ultimate sleeper.

dR
Hey dR, What about:

YUGO Type S low

·
Registered
772 Posts
PhreeZe said:
Man I was accused for rice because I wanted to put 18 or 19 inch wheels on a WRX. Oh well what can you do. You cant always think about what others think. AND HOW THE HELL IS A CLUBWRX.NET STICKER RICE????????
For some old folks any kinda sticker make you rice :eek:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts