ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read several threads with stories about some turd driving up and talking crap for no reason at all. I figured that 99% of them or people making it up because i couldn't imagine someone going out of their way and pulling up to another car just to talk trash... well it happen to me today.

I pull up to a light there are about 5-6 cars ahead of me, i'm just sitting there waiting. In the left lane there are 2 cars so any cars coming up will pull ahead, i notice that a car is sitting next to me so i look over and its a newer mustang not the 5.0.

The guy: turbo?
Me: I nod yes
The guy: I had a 2011 just like that
Me: This is 2009, i thought the 2011 was wide body

-At this point i just thought the guy was just saying hey i use to have a WRX which is cool.

The guy: Ya i blew both my cats, and my clutch they are pieces of ****

Me: I didn't really know what to say since i was thinking wow what a turd so all i could say was "sounds like driver error"

Light turned green and he gunned it since he had a gap ahead of him, it took everything i had to just stay in my lane and not blow by him... but like a big boy i set the CC and kept going.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hehe, I encounter this in a more subtle way.

Sometimes, I do some night time cruising just to relax and think on the day and the days ahead of me, and I will get people who come up to me and just rev their engines. Others will just look at me until I acknowledge them (or not).

It's difficult, but I've learned to simply let it go and let them be asinine in front of everyone. I haven't had anyone harass me verbally, though.

·
Premium Member
155 Posts
I have had a few pull up beside me and rev their engines or go by then slow down, speed up go by then slow down and even one take off while I was passing them on the highway. Oh well, to each their own. I still have a hard time getting other subie owners to wave back. :sadwave:

·
Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with
8,921 Posts
I have read several threads with stories about some turd driving up and talking crap for no reason at all. I figured that 99% of them or people making it up because i couldn't imagine someone going out of their way and pulling up to another car just to talk trash... well it happen to me today.

I pull up to a light there are about 5-6 cars ahead of me, i'm just sitting there waiting. In the left lane there are 2 cars so any cars coming up will pull ahead, i notice that a car is sitting next to me so i look over and its a newer mustang not the 5.0.

The guy: turbo?
Me: I nod yes
The guy: I had a 2011 just like that
Me: This is 2009, i thought the 2011 was wide body

-At this point i just thought the guy was just saying hey i use to have a WRX which is cool.

The guy: Ya i blew both my cats, and my clutch they are pieces of ****

Me: I didn't really know what to say since i was thinking wow what a turd so all i could say was "sounds like driver error"

Light turned green and he gunned it since he had a gap ahead of him, it took everything i had to just stay in my lane and not blow by him... but like a big boy i set the CC and kept going.
A true automotive enthusiast will find the things they like about a car and comment on them. The ones that just talk smack probably need some form of self validation, it's better just to let it go :)

I have had a few pull up beside me and rev their engines or go by then slow down, speed up go by then slow down and even one take off while I was passing them on the highway. Oh well, to each their own. I still have a hard time getting other subie owners to wave back. :sadwave:
This never happens to me. If it does I probably don't notice. I'm too busy driving to care.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I don't think I'm the center of attention so if someone is driving fast past me, I just assume they're just driving fast or just happened to rev their engine while close to me. I never assume it's because of what I'm driving.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I get the same thing while driving my cummins. Its mostly chevy guys but I just let them go on by and waste all their gas or diesel. And I just smile as they go by.

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
Hehe, I encounter this in a more subtle way.

Sometimes, I do some night time cruising just to relax and think on the day and the days ahead of me, and I will get people who come up to me and just rev their engines. Others will just look at me until I acknowledge them (or not).

It's difficult, but I've learned to simply let it go and let them be asinine in front of everyone. I haven't had anyone harass me verbally, though.
Asinine! Asiten! Aiseleven!

(wonder if anyone will get that reference)

·
Registered
262 Posts
Now that I have my wrx, all I get are guys trying to race. It drives me insane!:shakehead:

·
Premium Member
394 Posts
Yeah, I have noticed the same thing. I haven't had anyone talk to me just the engine rev stuff and take off.
I never race them I just sit back and laugh to myself as they take off crazy.
One day they will get that nice big ticket.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I get the same thing while driving my cummins. Its mostly chevy guys but I just let them go on by and waste all their gas or diesel. And I just smile as they go by.
Yeah some of them just love to blow black smoke over anybody for anything.

Not gonna lie, it was fun when I drove my friends cummins with his bullydog chip, but I never tried to be a **** about it.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Yeah some of them just love to blow black smoke over anybody for anything.

Not gonna lie, it was fun when I drove my friends cummins with his bullydog chip, but I never tried to be a **** about it.
O yeah man. I love my cummins too, but I'm liking my my new wrx a little more

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
I was driving home from my buddy's house on the 4th on Wadsworth in Denver (big main road that's 2-4 lanes depending where you are on it) and these two 40ish year old guys on bikes came up fast and passed me. I was behind them at the next light and they gunned it off the line, and were in general driving through traffic very aggressively. There's a ton of lights on the road though and I kept catching up to them when they kept hitting reds, and they kept gunning it every time a light turned green. After about the 5th light I was in the left lane and they were in the middle, and one of the guys looks over at me and gives me some kind of hand signal and a chin jerk that obviously meant "Wanna race?" I'll admit childish impulses got the better of me and the road was empty for a half mile ahead of us so I shrugged and nodded at the guy. He turned to his buddy and said something but all I heard was "The guy in the Porsche." He and his buddy took off when the light changed. I easily killed them up through about 2/3 of redline in 3rd before I shut it down. I'm too old for this crap. They gave me a friendly wave and nod as I turned off shortly after that to get on the highway.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I was driving home from my buddy's house on the 4th on Wadsworth in Denver (big main road that's 2-4 lanes depending where you are on it) and these two 40ish year old guys on bikes came up fast and passed me. I was behind them at the next light and they gunned it off the line, and were in general driving through traffic very aggressively. There's a ton of lights on the road though and I kept catching up to them when they kept hitting reds, and they kept gunning it every time a light turned green. After about the 5th light I was in the left lane and they were in the middle, and one of the guys looks over at me and gives me some kind of hand signal and a chin jerk that obviously meant "Wanna race?" I'll admit childish impulses got the better of me and the road was empty for a half mile ahead of us so I shrugged and nodded at the guy. He turned to his buddy and said something but all I heard was "The guy in the Porsche." He and his buddy took off when the light changed. I easily killed them up through about 2/3 of redline in 3rd before I shut it down. I'm too old for this crap. They gave me a friendly wave and nod as I turned off shortly after that to get on the highway.
I think I hate motorcyclists the most. They always complain to share the road, but are always the ones hogging the road and driving wreck less. And the guys with the loud A pipes... DORKS!!!. Lol

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,699 Posts
When do motorcyclists complain to share the road? Are you confusing with bicyclists?
Like with cars, there are good drivers and bad.

·
Registered
262 Posts
When do motorcyclists complain to share the road? Are you confusing with bicyclists?
Like with cars, there are good drivers and bad.
No. There are always adds say share the road, watch for us, its our road too. At least here in Albuquerque where there are horrid drivers on motorcyclist, and car drivers

·
48,699 Posts
Interesting. It was never an issue for me during my sport bike days. Bikes are so quick that you can pretty much insert yourself into whatever space is available.
My observation has been that the sportbike guys are usually younger and riskier, and the Harley folks, though I'm certainly not into Harleys, drive in a more conservative fashion. Is that what you've seen?

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Here in PA its the other way around. The sport bike guys don't bother me cause they just fly by and are gone haha its the harley guys that think they own the damn road...look at me with my bandana and tats...I own this Mofo road...it gets old after awhile...there have been times where my waste gate gets louder then their pipes though....just saying...

·
Boba Fett
17,939 Posts
Ballsy around here with the exhibition of speed laws which are pretty much a life-ruiner with what seems to be little evidence or even speed needed to have it thrown at you. Co-worker is gearing up to fight this for being heard,not seen accelerating on his slow harley.

And speaking of wadsworth I was pulled over at 93 & 72'nd last Sunday for running from the cops at 88 & wads. Fortunately, I wasn't actually there and my phone that tracks my location could show that.

I think I hate motorcyclists the most. They always complain to share the road, but are always the ones hogging the road and driving wreck less. And the guys with the loud A pipes... DORKS!!!. Lol

No. There are always adds say share the road, watch for us, its our road too. At least here in Albuquerque where there are horrid drivers on motorcyclist, and car drivers

I've seen the "Share the road" stuff for the bicycle guys, are you confusing it with the "Start Seeing Motorcycles" stickers?

My observation has been that the sportbike guys are usually younger and riskier, and the Harley folks, though I'm certainly not into Harleys, drive in a more conservative fashion. Is that what you've seen?
+1 the guys who can zip in and out quickly, do.

Here in PA its the other way around. The sport bike guys don't bother me cause they just fly by and are gone haha its the harley guys that think they own the damn road...look at me with my bandana and tats...I own this Mofo road...it gets old after awhile...there have been times where my waste gate gets louder then their pipes though....just saying...
Assless chaps and whatnot as well.

Just think, in 20 years it will be our kids saying the same thing about guys wearing flatbrimmed hats, bro-white glasses, monster gear, and star tattoos everywhere.

My only real 'meh'is the people who think they become an outlaw when they take off their CPA outfit and put on some leather. I actually saw someone wearing a Sons Of Anarchy vest which invoked a bit of lol.

Kind of funny, today I stopped to help out someone broken down on the side of the road and in the two hours it took us to get the bike running again, with hundreds of harleys having passed us by, the only other person who stopped was an old man and his wife because he just so happened to have a toolbox in the bed of his truck. Found the wire that had rubbed raw and was shorting out, got em rolling just in time to get hailed on while riding.

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,808 Posts
There are always lots of biker groups on the coastal highways in Oregon, both Harleys and sport bikes. Never had a problem with them. The Harley guys especially seem to just enjoy themselves and keep pace with traffic, but aren't aggressive by any means.

·
48,699 Posts
Kind of funny, today I stopped to help out someone broken down on the side of the road and in the two hours it took us to get the bike running again, with hundreds of harleys having passed us by, the only other person who stopped was an old man and his wife because he just so happened to have a toolbox in the bed of his truck. Found the wire that had rubbed raw and was shorting out, got em rolling just in time to get hailed on while riding.
Good on you for stopping to help. I used to do It more often, but have become distrustful over the years.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts