ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1339272821.979154.jpg

Mixed driving of highway and city. Mainly highway w/ light traffic. Stayed within speed limit, shifted under 3K.

Thought I'd share, my personal best.

·
Registered
633 Posts
for how many miles? I have got 37+ for 10 or 15 miles. My best MPG or distance was over 100 miles and i did bout 30 MPG (Stage 2)

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
See that, you didn't know I was selling you a hybrid when you bought it! :tongue:

·
Registered
159 Posts
I'm happy when mine shows 18.9 MPG from all City driving. Then again, my 2006 Mustang GT would average 14 in the city, so the 2012 WRX was an improvement! :D

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Was this right after you filled up & reset the mpg counter ?
It was actually when I got home. After fill up the most I can get after that one mile was 22. It's just kept going up. It was one of those rare occasions that there was hardly any traffic. Once I got to the local roads, I went through all traffic lights literally at green 8). I wish it could always be like that.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
See that, you didn't know I was selling you a hybrid when you bought it! :tongue:
I have no regrets lol. My gas consumption and gas payments only went up a little compared to the civic. However, I barely push the Subbie. I definitely can accept this and live with it.

Thanks again man!!! All you people still shopping or know someone looking for a rex.... I highly highly recommend this guy.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
People who own WRX or STI's care about MPGs?

I for sure didn't buy my WRX for GREAT MPGs...
I do and I don't. If I was all about mpg, I would have gotten a Prius. I was just sharing that my avg mpg is above the estimated said 25mpg/18mpg. Just thought it was cool.

·
Registered
633 Posts
I do and I don't. If I was all about mpg, I would have gotten a Prius. I was just sharing that my avg mpg is above the estimated said 25mpg/18mpg. Just thought it was cool.

I think the TDI is better... several to choose from and they aren't butt ugly.

·
and the Funky Bunch
6,124 Posts
A while back I did a cost comparison between, say, a prius and a yaris, a civic and a civic hybrid, etc. I looked at the extra cost of getting a hybrid versus money saved on gas. Just based on published numbers for cost and mpg, the best comparison between a hybrid and an economy car from the same company would still need over 200k miles before you saved any money.

It was a pretty simple analysis, but still telling I thought.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I think I'm at 18.9-19 with Chicago driving and no regard for 3k.

It's nice to know what a good road trip would return though =)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts