ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mine is finally giving out just short of 93K miles.

Good thing I've had an ACT clutch sitting in my room waiting for about 40K miles.

I admit I've probably abused the hell out of this clutch, with multiple drag races next to Hornyturbo, etc. :cool: Plus this was my first manual car.

Supposedly I've had a Frankenstein clutch, as even multiple dealers thought I switched to aftermarket already.

Anyways...how long have your stock clutches gone?

·
Registered
437 Posts
Mine is still grippin' strong at 67k. Who are you going to for the install?

·
Registered
657 Posts
I've yet to have one go out on a Subaru, and I've traded cars enough that I haven't had to replace one at all. I did have an '85 Charger for 6 years that had 124k miles on it, and I was still going on the original clutch. It had a lot of highway miles though.

·
3,726 Posts
Almost 170,000 miles on my stock clutch :eek:

EDIT: I haven't replaced it yet, either.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mine is still grippin' strong at 67k. Who are you going to for the install?
Using Dent Sport Garage since it's close to me.

And Timber, props to you for getting to 170K+ miles on the original clutch, wow. How do you drive the car? I'm mainly in heavy traffic.

·
3,726 Posts
Using Dent Sport Garage since it's close to me.

And Timber, props to you for getting to 170K+ miles on the original clutch, wow. How do you drive the car? I'm mainly in heavy traffic.
100 + miles a day commuting, an additional ~15 miles a day in town, minimum 5 days a week. I'm setting myself up for a jinx. I probably never should have said anything. :rotfl:

·
Premium Member
6,299 Posts
72k and still going :)

·
Registered
0 Posts
93k is pretty good

wow timber 170k damb thats frecking great

·
Registered
202 Posts
Mine is finally giving out just short of 93K miles.

Good thing I've had an ACT clutch sitting in my room waiting for about 40K miles.

I admit I've probably abused the hell out of this clutch, with multiple drag races next to Hornyturbo, etc. :cool: Plus this was my first manual car.

Supposedly I've had a Frankenstein clutch, as even multiple dealers thought I switched to aftermarket already.

Anyways...how long have your stock clutches gone?
I'd feel bad, but I know how you want to put that ACT in sooo badd! :tongue:

Good luck with the Install!

·
Registered
5,377 Posts
15K in 4years and counting:tongue:

·
Registered
5,377 Posts
dooooood!!!! wassssup?!! :)
Waaaaazzzzzzzuuuuuuup?!

Just visiting the nest for a little thanksgiving lovin'...finally got board after looking at my rex in the garage for the past 5 days so I figured I'd give t3h ol' board a post er two :)

·
3,726 Posts
Waaaaazzzzzzzuuuuuuup?!

Just visiting the nest for a little thanksgiving lovin'...finally got board after looking at my rex in the garage for the past 5 days so I figured I'd give t3h ol' board a post er two :)
Sweeeeeet! Hope you had an outstanding Thanksgiving. It's good to see ya back!

·
Registered
15 Posts
90K on my clutch

·
Registered
73 Posts
200k on my dads 95 ford contour original crutch

·
Registered
158 Posts
bought the car with 52k miles with a slipping clutch got it replaced and now the car is at 74k miles and its fine.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts