Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night local to me, I was on my way home and pull up next to an old Black T-Bird (90's) V8 with 3 guys on board. Dont think much of it and the light goes green and I pull away quickly from a soft 3k launch, as I go to 2nd gear I notice the T-Bird is going for it so I nail it through 2nd and pull 2 lenths past him. I slot infront of him and back off (55mph limit) at 65-70. He buzzes past me on the inside with a Red IS300 on his tail. They then weave in and out of traffic for the next few lights. About 2 miles further on I catch up with them waiting at a stop light and pull in behind the lexus. Light goes green and they gun it. I sit on the IS300's tail up to the top of 2nd (65) and then back off again as I was riding his a$$ without effort. They however keep the hammer down and pull away, next thing I know is an un-marked Black Crown-Vic Intercepter flys by me with his hidden lights ablaze and tries to pull over both of them. Well the T-Bird pulls over to the right but only slows down, the IS300 pulls top the left shoulder and also slows right down. The Cop pulls in behind the IS300 and the T-Bird makes a right and runs. I roll past them at 50 just as another cop shows up. I go up the road a mile and make a u-turn and when I drive back past the IS300 is still there with 3 ! cops.

I dont know if the cops saw me riding the IS300's a$$ or not but no one made any attemp to pull me over, maybe its the Stealth Kia look-a-like rear of the WRX that saved me. I have NO spoiler. I must say I was SO lucky I was not beside either one or I would have been getting the ticket. :eek:

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
That was really close, man! You got lucky.

You are right about the "stealth" effect of the WRX. I have a friend who's a cop and he says that he wouldn't think that my car was fast. In fact, he said, "I would look over at the light and think to myself, 'Here's another rice-burner to eat for lunch'." I said, "Yeah and they you'd be looking at my brake lights so fast it would boggle your mind!"

-Jim

·
Registered
554 Posts
I have had that funny feeling and just slowed down before also, just to have a cop fly by and pull over the car I was racing. A funny side note is that my brother is a deputy sherrif here in Sac county. He had driven my silver 99 Legacy GT wagon before and thought that it was a great performing car. He kinda made fun of me for many months about buying the WRX not knowing what people say about them. So we are at his wifes parents house for Xmas (my families 3rd Xmas celeb. in the 2 days) and he starts poking fun at the WRX. Well needless to say I tell him lets go for a drive. Well he gets in the driver seat, I am riding passenger and his work partner sits in the driver back seat next to the infant seat. He starts cruising around and tests acceleration and thinks it is great. He says "now lets see how it does high speed corners". He starts going through this housing area that is still inder construction (IE no one in the area) and starts nailing these corners making amazing apex turns. I start crapping my pants and he is going faster. I have rarely ever made my tires squel, but through every corner and curve my tires were screaming out. And I drive this bad boy hard. We got back to the house, I chugged my remaining beer ( that I left at the house) and he says, "nice car, well balanced, great performance, your lucky, I have drivin much less of a car faster".I needed another beer, I looked over at his partner and asked what he thought, he said " I have no problems having my head in a map book while your brother drives balls out, besides, it didn't spill my cocktail, can't be all that bad" But he did yell "that's what I'm talkin about" as my bro started into dounuts in an intersection. We also ran from a security guard for those dounuts, it was funny stuff watching him trying to keep up.

Has he learned?

Justin

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
One thing that I have learned in my life: Cops can drive! They are trained to drive a full-sized and overloaded vehicle to insane speeds. When they get into a car that can handle with an actual power-to-weight ratio, look out!

My buddy drove fast before he became a cop. Now he goes like 80mph in a 40mph zone and doesn't even think about it (until he has to turn and wonders why its so difficult)!

-Jim

·
Registered
10 Posts
I found myself beside a Dodge Neon last week, and thought to myself..."oh brother" It was the kind of neon with stickers ALL OVER it, and the chrome trim on the doors, and mirrors. It had a 12" glass-pack coming out of the center of the rear. It was very tacky. Anyway, it was a girl driving, and I just basically paced her, although she was nailing it. I just kept beside her, then once I got to about 35(in a 45 zone) I nailed it in second, and just slid past her up to about 55-60. I noticed a cop in a dark parking lot, and saw him pull into traffic. Well, there was about 6 cars between us and the cop, and the cop couldn't do anything to get closer to us just yet. As soon as she saw him, she slowed down, but me, no... I went faster. I took the next immediate right, and tried to find a gas station, and quickly my buds and I jumped out and went into the station. Well about 20 minutes later, I saw her in the Wal-Mart parking lot, and pulled up to her drivers side... and she held her ticket up to the window... I was extatic. Although she was VERY cute, and pissed at me. It was a lot of fun.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
She made a rookie mistake. If the cop is stuck in traffic, you have to get ahead without doing anything crazy then get the hell out of the car. If the cop doesn't catch you behind the wheel, there isn'y a lot he do besides ask for a confession.

-Jim

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So did you ask her out ? you know like

/chatup_line-start: "Hey Im realy sorry you got a ticket how about I take you out and treat you to dinner, you know I kinda fell bad like it was partly my fault and thats a crappy thing to happen to a girl as cute as you" /chatup_line-end:

:cool:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts