Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Moderating U!
4,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since a lot of you snowboard and obviously have a set of snowboard pants, do any of you know of a good pair to buy that don't leak at all in the Butt area. I have a set of Burton Work snowboard pants, and they are prett old. I have scotchgaurded the but and knee areas several times to keep the moisture out and they still leak. Put it this way, my friends and I take quite a few BURIED BEER BREAKS when we board. And I sit in the snow when having a beer. I would just like to know what pants you guys know of don't leak in the Butt area. No matter how long you sit in the snow.

Thanks in advance,

Kurlee Daddee
(THE ORIGINAL)

·
Registered
699 Posts
I have this great set from Adidas. I haven't had any leaking problems with it (well from the outside anyway.........j/k). They don't seem to have a label with a specific name on them though. They have good velcro straps on the bottom and the zippers on the pockets are even water tight. wish i could tell you the name other than that they're adidas. btw i don't take that many breaks sitting in the snow so i'm not positive...

·
Registered
130 Posts
I'm with tcc......don't go cheap on pants....
Burton does make some high quality stuff,
and my pair of Universals didn't leak until I burnt a hole in
them with a cig.......
Go for vented pants too, that also helps....
It's also good to 3m or something the material
as a back-up too.

·
Moderating U!
4,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
dwnthehatch said:
Helly Hanson always work for me. My brother was a sales rep so I always got free stuff to try out.
I have the Hellytech Helly Hanson Jacket. And it wasn't cheap. I might go look at their pants. Thanks to everyone for their input.

TCC, what's 10000cm mean, when referring to waterproofing?

Kurlee Daddee
(THE ORIGINAL)

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Actually, its 10,000 mm (millimeters). They do a test with the fabric, and basically put a column of water over the material. 10,000mm is the height of the water that it starts leaking at. They do similar tests with wind/air IIRC. Basically, higher is better if you don't want leakage.

tcc

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
I've had a pair of Special Blend pants for 5 seasons now. They have yet to leak on me, even after multiple washings. They kick much ass, but they're insulated, so they get a bit hot on warmer days. I picked up a pair of Bonfire pants this year for warm days. We'll see how they do.

On a slightly different note, I bought a new jacket this year as well. It's the Arcteryx Gamma MX hoody. It kicks even more ass than my pants. It's made out of Polartec Power Shield. This fabric is amazing. Highly recommended.

·
Registered
9 Posts
KurleeDaddeeWRX said:
Since a lot of you snowboard and obviously have a set of snowboard pants, do any of you know of a good pair to buy that don't leak at all in the Butt area. I have a set of Burton Work snowboard pants, and they are prett old. I have scotchgaurded the but and knee areas several times to keep the moisture out and they still leak. Put it this way, my friends and I take quite a few BURIED BEER BREAKS when we board. And I sit in the snow when having a beer. I would just like to know what pants you guys know of don't leak in the Butt area. No matter how long you sit in the snow.

Thanks in advance,

Kurlee Daddee
(THE ORIGINAL)

so you're saying you're having some butt leakage? ahaha..ha..ok someone had to say it

·
Moderating U!
4,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks guys. I think I am starting to learn more about GOOD snowboard pants. And that 10,000mm waterproofing helped a lot. But do any of you know of some good online snowboard apparell stores I can go to to look at some pants. I have been searching on-line and can't find any good links. Could you post some links?

thanks,

Kurlee Daddee
(THE ORIGINAL)

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
http://www.glassandpowder.com is BY FAR the best place I've ever dealt with. I have known them from a wakeboard email list for a while, and their owner is a really cool guy. Usually I'll look at a companies website, then email them or call them to see if they have what I want. They usually will even take some pictures of the ones they have in stock for you to check out.

tcc

·
Registered
50 Posts
Speaking from the perspective of someone who used to ride a motorcycle to work, rain or shine, the problem with water-resistant clothing usually isn't the fabric itself - it's the seams. It doesn't matter if the fabric can withstand the pressure of a water column 1,000 feet high if the needle holes that penetrate it allow water through, or the thread wicks it in. All your old pants might need is a thorough sealing on the seams.

·
Registered
50 Posts
thechickencow said:
Most good pants/jackets have taped seams.

That's exactly what I mean. Eventually, even the best taped seams start to leak, and need to be redone.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
i rock the Burton TriLite AK snowboard pants... they cost a pretty penny but they are most excellent. super waterproof, windproof and lightweight and very well designed (pockets, vents, etc.)
o-|-<) bryan

1 - 20 of 21 Posts