ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
give me some opinions on wrx in snow live in country roads at times dont get plowed will they go in 10 inches of snow with good winter tires thinking on buying one tired of pickup

·
11,231 Posts
10"? That's hard pressed. The awd system with snow tires is capable but at a point you are trying to drive a nail with a pool noodle. You'll find that snow that deep will just get plowed by the bumper making your situation worse.

Even my jeep will struggle with 10" of snow and it's lifted with 35" tires. I would suggest possibly looking for a taller vehicle like an SUV. I would personally avoid solid axle vehicles as the axles themselves hang low and will plow.

·
Banned
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
have allways drove toyota tacomas live on mountain learned over the years that big wide tires are wourthless in snow an ice 2 years ago every body that lives up here could not get in as we all parked at the bottom and began are half mile walk to the house subarus audi came past us plowing threw there was a foot of snow and all my friends up here drive tahoes exploreres pickups all fourwheel dr. and we could not make itmakes you wonder a good awd with snow tires made it i guess you have to relize most pickups one front and one rear is pulling unless you have lockers thats why i am considering awd

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,214 Posts
What about considering punctuation?

·
29,214 Posts
another asshole
Truer words have never been spoken. However, you again failed to use punctuation. For that alone, I bid you farewell.

·
11,231 Posts
have allways drove toyota tacomas live on mountain learned over the years that big wide tires are wourthless in snow an ice 2 years ago every body that lives up here could not get in as we all parked at the bottom and began are half mile walk to the house subarus audi came past us plowing threw there was a foot of snow and all my friends up here drive tahoes exploreres pickups all fourwheel dr. and we could not make itmakes you wonder a good awd with snow tires made it i guess you have to relize most pickups one front and one rear is pulling unless you have lockers thats why i am considering awd
All I can tell you is good luck. Low cars always struggle in deep snow regardless of tire width.

Ideally a narrow tire is superior, however at a point it becomes your benefit to sit on top of the snow so you don't sink, ala snow shoes. Once you start nearing a foot or more sinking to the bottom doesn't become as ideal as floating on top with deep lugs and siping. That's why the snow guys in the Arctic and siberia use massive balloon tires, same with sand.

·
29,214 Posts
You can freely report my behaviour and complain to admin directly if you find my behaviour objectionable. I will stay out of it when you do so, and as long as you do not insult other members I will not ban or do anything of the sort in order to allow the admin and the other mods to do their jobs.

·
Registered
47 Posts
You can freely report my behaviour and complain to admin directly if you find my behaviour objectionable. I will stay out of it when you do so, and as long as you do not insult other members I will not ban or do anything of the sort in order to allow the admin and the other mods to do their jobs.
I don’t report people, and it probably wouldn’t make a difference because you’re probably all friends. But I’ll tell you I think you’re wrong. You were antagonistic for no reason. That’s as far as I’m going to go with this. That is all.

·
29,214 Posts
OK.

·
11,231 Posts
What about considering punctuation?
Comment made in jest. Also a honest suggestion because punctuation is the difference between helping your uncle jack, off a horde and helping your uncle jack.... You get the idea.
another asshole
Personal attack.
Why is the moderator picking fights with users then banning them when he doesn’t like the answer?
There is a difference.

·
Æternum
20,568 Posts
May I join?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts