ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i am ordering some snows for my wrx. nothing pretty just some 16' steel wheels and tires. what tires would you recommend?

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
Budget?

My snow tires are likely going to run ~$1000 mounted/balanced. Not everyone is going to want to spend that.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
As long as you don't drive like a moron you will be fine with all season tires....I tend to drive like a moron in the snow so I opt for snow tires! :) Most have snow tires and then summer tires...makes driving more fun that way! IMO! I know living in PA...I could get away with all seasons...that's what I had on my wrx the first year I owned it and I had no problems.

·
Registered
59 Posts
i hear u, i live around the philly-bux area and im sure as long as i dont drive like a **** i can make it with all season. but ive been reading up on various forums that due to the drop in temp the winter tires make for better driving. do u have a dif set of wheels? i dont think ill go that far to spend some change on those... also i have about 5-6/32's on my current summer tires? u think i should keep em or do away with em?

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
sc13 said:
also i have about 5-6/32's on my current summer tires? u think i should keep em or do away with em?
If you're happy with how they perform, keep them. Just have money to replace them when they need it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts