ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my snow tires and wheels put on last night... just in time for the 6+" we got in the Denver metro area. I must say, the car is a BEAST in the snow with studded winter tires. It almost takes the fun out of driving in the snow... almost.

Coming from a FWD car to the Scoob is like night and day. Breaking it loose around corners is a whole different ball game. MUCH more enjoyable.

Now I just have to take it into the dealer to get my TPMS syncd up. :unhappy:

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
I got mine on yesterday afternoon and the first snow hit me just as I was tightening up the last lug nut. I'm up in the foothills and have at least 8" already and it's snowing hard.

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,808 Posts
I got mine on yesterday afternoon and the first snow hit me just as I was tightening up the last lug nut. I'm up in the foothills and have at least 8" already and it's snowing hard.
:eek3: Wow! What elevation are you at? It's been getting really cold the past few days around Portland, but not into consistent snow temps yet. Looking forward to heading over to Mt Hood a bunch this season.

EDIT: Derp. Should have looked at your Location. It is common to get snow around now?

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
:eek3: Wow! What elevation are you at? It's been getting really cold the past few days around Portland, but not into consistent snow temps yet. Looking forward to heading over to Mt Hood a bunch this season.

EDIT: Derp. Should have looked at your Location. It is common to get snow around now?
My house is at about 8000' on the nose. This is very late for the first snowfall of the year. Normally I put on snow tires the first week of October because we get a big storm then. I don't take off my snow tires until May. This year I had 2 feet of snow in mid-May.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
w0ot. Com'on more snow! Now I just need the Georgetown Lake to freeze, find a snowy closed mountain road to go tool around on, and my WRX rally wet dream will finally become a reality!! ;)

·
Registered
902 Posts
My house is at about 8000' on the nose. This is very late for the first snowfall of the year. Normally I put on snow tires the first week of October because we get a big storm then. I don't take off my snow tires until May. This year I had 2 feet of snow in mid-May.
Wow, and I thought it was bad living in western PA!! I won't be putting my winter wheels on until Thanksgiving weekend and should be off by April.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Just got my winter tires and wheels delivered today, thinking mid-November I'll put them on.

·
Premium Member
17,655 Posts
had 8" today, but none of it stuck. I'm holding out for another week or two to mount and balance the snows.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
They are calling for snow here in eastern Pa saturday. Been to busy to watch the weather so no clue if it's going to just flurry or accumulate. Guess it doesn't matter since my car is at work getting a transplant. Temps are dropping fast here.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I don't think it will stick much, if it does at all, around here. At least I'm hoping not, since I don't have winter tires and have to go drive in it on Sat.
Does anyone have a set of winter tires that work well and don't break the bank?

·
Registered
142 Posts
no snow here just yet, but temp drops highs 45 lows 30s, was gonna wait around thanksgiving but now might be sooner..

·
Registered
778 Posts
It was 38 degrees & wet at midnight on the way back from work yesterday.
I saw 35deg in the D this AM. But, we don't usually get snow until mid-December if we're lucky. For us, it's all temp. based. :( I have to say, I'm a little bit jealous of you Colorado folk.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts