Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everyone seems to be loving the snow and such, and I'm no exception. I've noticed tons of posts on how they've been doing fun shtuff in the snow....well....there's a place by my house with , what we call, "The Secret Doughnut Spot" (which is a parking lot with lights, no lightpoles in the middle, and a subdivision a block away...fairly secluded). Not too long ago me and some friends were there filming us doing doughnuts and drifts and as we left 3 squad cars came after us. Some dickbag called the police...we were in an EMPTY parking lot at midnight. Go figure. Because of it I now have, according to the cops, a Criminal Tresspassing and Reckless Driving note on my liscense....but I didnt get any tickets out of the ordeal. They did give me the impression that I was going to spend some time at the station, but I got off with nothing, sort of. So to all who love to mess around in the snow, take caution.

·
Registered
424 Posts
The cops were LYING. IF they didn't give you any tickets whatsoever, then there is NOTHING on your driving record about the incident.
They said that because...
A) they have to CATCH you in the act in order to give you a ticket, and
B) it was on private property, so if they did catch you they couldn't do anything about it anyway unless the property owner complained, then you would get in trouble for Tresspassing and not reckless driving. They can only wright you for a moving violation if the violation occured on PUBLIC property. Private parking lots do not count, and all they could do is watch you have fun.
C) Since someone complained, they figured they try to scare you buy telling you some CRAP in hopes that you will be scared enough to not do it again...

Have fun doing it again....:D

-Jason

·
Registered
138 Posts
How long were you there doing donuts?

My rule - do a few donuts, and move on to the next spot. Any more than 2-4 minutes will risk you getting caught.

·
Registered
416 Posts
TRex said:
How long were you there doing donuts?

My rule - do a few donuts, and move on to the next spot. Any more than 2-4 minutes will risk you getting caught.
This is my motto exactly. I did a few donuts (no more than 2 minutes worth. And as I pull out of the lot a cop is driving past. It was OBVIOUS what I had been doing, but he didn't see me so nothing ever came up it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts