ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just random shots taken while walking around, today. Sneek (pronounced like "snake") is a small city in the north of Holland.

Canals everywhere:

An example of the odd architecture that you see here and there:

Bikes are all over the place. Very expensive to operate a car over here. As a result people here on average seem to be in better physical condition than Americans. They ride bikes in any kind of weather, to work/school/family outings, etc.

One of the many cars I see here that we don't get, at the Peugeot dealer. Also lots of Alfas, Renaults, Citroens, etc.

A row of typical in-town dwellings.

·
Premium Member
16,991 Posts
Great pics, Ray! Looks beautiful over there.

·
48,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's nice in the countryside. Actually, this is the wet, cold, grey season over here. The wind just never stops.

·
Registered
257 Posts
It's nice in the countryside. Actually, this is the wet, cold, grey season over here. The wind just never stops.
Most of the time its wet, grey, and cold over there. Is it getting old yet?:tongue:

:thumbup: And those are some good pics. I love the architecture, very unique and interesting.

·
48,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Most of the time its wet, grey, and cold over there. Is it getting old yet?:tongue:
Actually, yeah, it is. I've visited here probably 10 times over the last 8 years. I'm pretty burned out on the place. The positive side is that my company pays a sweet meal allowance for trips over here (due to the weak dollar), so I bring lots of food, eat what I buy at the market, and pocket a lot of cash. :D

Per diem and meal allowance paid for my first turbo swap, when I helped install a machine here a few years ago.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Nice!

My next trip to Europe will include a stop in Holland.

·
Premium Member
15,697 Posts
Cool shots Ray!

·
Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin
5,780 Posts
:thumbup::thumbup:

·
48,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
A Few More...

I drove around in the countryside, a bit.

Something I rarely see in the States:

A small church in a village that I passed through.

The Sneekermeer, which is the name of the body of water near the town of Sneek. It's a fairly well-known sailing nexus; there's a week in the summer when people come from far and wide to fill this lake with their sailboats; I've seen it on a trip here, before.

Another angle on my glorious Opel. It'll make you youngsters happy to know that I'm beating the crap out of this thing.:

A cool village house, with moss on the roof. One thing that is strange for me here is how green everything is, in the middle of winter. Everyone has the greenest grass. Plenty of water and lots of fertilizer (manure, the place stinks of it in the country), I suppose.

·
Premium Member
23,369 Posts
nice a skyline :)
the house looks saweet with the roof etc :thumbup:

and plus for manure,water and you "sneekin" around Sneek :tongue:

·
Registered
257 Posts
:thumbup:Nice ride! :rotfl:

Still grey and rainy over there? Have you gotten at least one good day?:confused:

·
48,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
:thumbup:Nice ride! :rotfl:

Still grey and rainy over there? Have you gotten at least one good day?:confused:
The sun peeked out for a few hours, yesterday. I didn't rain while I was driving around, today, but it's just always grey and windy. I'm spoiled to the climate of the southeastern U.S., so this is a bit of an adjustment.

·
Registered
0 Posts
pics look great ray :thumbup:

·
Registered
378 Posts
hope you had fun

1 - 20 of 23 Posts