Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! I have a 2004 wrx v limited with the ej205. I’ve been in a bit of a stump, recently I have been noticing smoke coming out of the exhaust, sometimes at operating temp or even just under operating temp, not when idling but while accelerating, like if I’m backing out of a parking stall I’ll get a puff of white smoke and then for a little bit after pulling away, usually when I’m leaving work so when the car has been sitting for around 8hours. The smoke goes away after about 20 seconds of driving. No oil loss, no loss of power, nothing. I’ve recently switched oils on my last change to Motul 5w40. I live in Canada so our climate is a bit different. It’s happened after this oil change, but maybe I just notice it more?
Thanks in advance!

· In Æternum
23,698 Posts
1. Is your coolant level changing?
2. Have you performed a compression test?

· In Æternum
23,698 Posts
Compression test and if compression looks good and you don't see "yogurt" in the oil, suspect a small about of coolant leaking in the turbo seals.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.