ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let me start by saying that I considered buying an FX45 but could not swallow the >$40K price tag and the fact that the interior felt no bigger than the WRX even though it weighs over 4,300 pounds.

Anyway, pulled up next to it at the light. Middle aged dude wearing a ball cap. I did notice him checking out my car but didn't think much of it. Light turns green and he goes. I didn't even try since I knew I would catch him at one of the next two lights. I get up to the next light, threw a small rev and looked over. He did not look back but continued to look straight ahead with a small smirk like he actually beat me or something. Silly man.

Light turns green, I get an OK launch and we are even up to 5K in first, but from 5K to 7K I pulled about half a car and by the end of second gear I could see his entire car in my rearview. It would have got ugly after that. Cool cars and the V8 definitely sounds sweet, but hopefully the guy now has a clearer understanding of the differences between quick and fast.

Mods can be seen in my signature below. Infiniti was bone stock.

Jimbo

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's the setup required for the Cobb VF34 flash that many call Stage 2.5: VF34, STi 550cc "pink" injectors, catless uppipe and turboback exhaust. I also have Samco I/C hoses and have yanked the intake resonator, but those mods are not worth more than maybe 5HP. This is a very fun setup for anyone considering the jump from Stage II.

Jimbo

·
Registered
16,991 Posts
Coolness...that's what I'd like to upgrade to eventually. The extra top end of the VF must be a nice change of pace. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts