ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive owned my 2002 wrx for about 4 months now and only twice in the time ive owned it i realized when i stopped that there was white smoke coming from under the hood. i would originally think coolant leak from turbo is dripping onto downpipe and burning off but i located it to the front drivers side of the engine bay. you can see the smoke and smell the coolant. im 99% positive its a coolant leak thats burning off something in engine bay but i cant track it. nothings wet and im not dripping any coolant. and then if i start my car up a little later it doesnt happen any more. the only thing i cant understand is why it only does it sometimes did it once when i got the car and just one time this morning but after letting it sit i drove it all after noon with no smell of coolant or smoke. i highly doubt its anything head gasket related it doesnt overheat. i havnt noticed any coolant loss so far. no unusual smoke out of exhaust. coolant and oil are clean. im just stumped anyone have any ideas on what it could be?

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,217 Posts
Have the system pressure tested.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah when i was still in school i had acess to every tool i could ever need.but ill probably just put down a deposit tomorrow and borrow one from autozone and see if it holds pressure. and your right it might be pin size hole but i dont get how it doesnt leak 95% of the time

1 - 4 of 4 Posts