ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 03 Subaru WRX 2.0 ltr, last Wednesday 12.21.11 I replaced the upstream O2 sensor because my check engine light was on. Bank 1 Sensor 1 O2 sensor was not working.

I took the car into the subaru dealership today and there are no codes being thrown from any sensors. However, when I took the car to get smogged the diagnosis machine said the Cat, O2 sensor were not "Ready". The mechanic said to drive the car more.

Any recommendations?

Thanks

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,233 Posts
Yes, drive the car more. The sensor needs to read "ready" for you to pass.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have been driving my car every day since last week. Do I need to drive my car for a longer period of time?

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,233 Posts
I don't know how many cycles are necessary for the sensor to read "ready," sorry.

·
Premium Member
10,943 Posts
It usually takes at least 100 miles of driving to show readiness.. or you can use RomRaider to force readiness at any time.

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
To reset the AFS Monitor

1.Connect the Scan Tool to the data link connector (DLC). Use the Scan Tool to clear any stored DTC's and to reset the Onboard Diagnostic Monitors. Bring up the Readiness code for the Air Fuel Sensor (AFS) Monitor.

2.Start the engine and allow it to run until the ECT signal is more than 167ºF.

3.Accelerate to 50 mph and maintain that steady speed for up to 20 minutes. Release the throttle and decelerate back to idle speed for one minute. Bring the vehicle to a stop, but do not turn off the ignition key.

4.Check the status of the Readiness code for the AFS Monitor. It should change to YES. If it does, perform any additional driving under the conditions required to run the remainder of the Monitors. If the Readiness code does not change to YES, check for any Pending codes in the Generic OBD II section of the Scan Tool. If no Pending codes are set, and the status did not change to YES, return to step 3 and repeat the test procedure.

In short, it can be a pain in the a$$...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts