ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We've had 3' of snow up by my house and they're still in the process of cleaning the roads. I was driving my kids to school this morning, driving into the sun, trying to answer their 17 questions, and flip up my sun visor as I went under an overpass out of the sun. A plow had picked up its blade right on the edge of the dark/light and left about an 8 foot crescent of snow out into the road, which had basically frozen solid. I hit the outside edge of it with the right front corner of my bumper with a loud bang. Snow flew all over and my kids said "That was awesome!" while I was thinking no it's not.

Net damage: Totally destroyed the right front corner of my bumper cover and need a whole new one, along with a wheel liner. Merry Christmas to me! :sadwave:

·
Master Baiter
22,115 Posts
Sorry to hear, Scott.

Carnage pics?

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
Wow that sucks Scott. I'm really glad to hear that you and your kids are all fine.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
25,496 Posts
Glad you and the kids are ok man, metal is metal...

IBTinsurancebuybackselloffthreadbecausebowantsstiseats

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
Damn Scott, sorry to hear man...at least its only the bumper and liner. And most of all, glad you and the little ones are ok.

·
Administrator ...De Rerum Natura
20,139 Posts
Accidents suck. :sadwave:

·
Wants to Sell His Honyota Civilander..Any Takers?
785 Posts
Sucks. Hope the repairs go smoothly and don't cost ya much.

Of course, now your kids are gonna want you to do that "awesome" thing again! Dad is sooooo cool!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Damn dude, no wonder you talk about snow tires being necessary!

Same thing happened to me 6 weeks ago, I plowed my (now stolen) Integra into a big pile of snow left by the plow in the middle of the road. Good luck with the fixes, glad it's just damaged stuff.

·
Good news, everyone!
3,856 Posts
Whew, I'm sorry but when I read the title I thought something much worse could have happened. Glad nothing bad happened to you or the kids man. Sorry for the trouble, but I'm glad you're alright.

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Here's the damage...
http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/394572_10150639531692715_772217714_12012277_497283311_n.jpg

Thanks for all the condolences!

I got the first estimate back from the two shops I visited yesterday and it was $816.73. Ouch! My deductible on my insurance is $1000, but even if it was less, I'd still pay cash to avoid the insurance rate hike. The first shop was nice enough to do a temporary fix to hold my fender liner in place so it doesn't rub against the wheel. In addition to that front chunk missing, there's some major cracks/breaks in the front right side of the bumper you can kind of see in the picture.

I went back and looked at the site and it wasn't from a plow picking up its blade, it was the snow thrown from the overpass onto the road below I was driving on. At 4 degrees the many times compacted snow was like hitting solid ice. By the time I got back there 30 minutes later from dropping off my kids, the plows had already cleared it off the road.

On the good side, my AEM intake is now about as much of a cold air intake as you can possibly get! :)

·
Lando Calrissian
3,787 Posts
Man, that sucks big time, love the AEM Arctic intake though :)

·
Lando Calrissian
3,787 Posts
It actually is not in the engine bay, but in a small area below the fender containing only the back of the fog lights and venting (I have one too), but that image does show very nicely just how for down it goes :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts