ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I was curious, if I were to go to a private empty parking lot and do a little power slide (without turning wheel all the way and without e-brake), would it damage the diff? I know it would wear out the tires. Thanks :)

·
Lando Calrissian
3,787 Posts
once or twice, likely not.......over and over, likely

·
Premium Member
17,655 Posts

·
Good news, everyone!
3,856 Posts
I never thought I would say this, but I think you need to stop watching Top Gear.

·
Premium Member
15,697 Posts
Anything that takes that much determination to do to your car will take a toll. Doing it enough to determine your recover-ability beyond the limit might be okay. It happens now and then by accident in controlled environments. In the real world you will have a thousand opportunities to get a ticket or get in a wreck for every one time you can get the tires to squeal loudly except maybe on a 270 degree onramp. They are not drift cars or rally cars, but with minimal modifications if you don't inflict drama they will go very rapidly through many conditions. The limit can be abrupt.

·
Premium Member
17,655 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,655 Posts
Yup. If you wanna get fancy, and be able to use the handbrake.... DCCDPro's DCCD controller opens the center diff when you pull the handbrake so that it doesn't damage the center diff. Need a DCCD though for that to work.. but it's fun! :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts