ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Lando Calrissian
3,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having a bit of a slower day at the office, so I am window shopping the Interwebz for buggy bits-n-pieces. I have two planned parts that I wanted to bounce off yooz gise...

I am planning on upgrading the TMIC to a ProcessWest in the next year or so, and will be upgrading the recerc from plastic to metal, some hoses to silicone, and maybe a silicone turbo inlet at the same time.

BOV/Recerc
I can't decide which valve to plan for. The Go Fast Bits TMS Respons, the Cobb Tuning XLE (both of which seem to be adjustable and able to go full recerc), or the TurboXS Racing Bypass. I don't want the loud atmo sound or CEL issues, which is why I am trying to stick with ones that can or do full recerc. Does anyone have any experience with those three? Any Pros/Cons? Any other suggestions?

Hoses
I am pretty sure I will be getting a Samco ancillary hose kit at some point (Samco says they make one for 2011 WRX, just no one carries it yet), and matching rad hoses. Not sure yet if I want to use the PW silicone hoses, or get the matching Samcos for the inter-cooler. Are there other manufacturers that I should be browsing? I know Mishimoto makes some which are cheaper than Samco...how is their quality compared?

Turbo Inlet
I have seen all the yay/nay threads in the past year about them. I know they are not really 'needed' but I am thinking about getting one. Small gains, and look better in the bay, not to mention less likely to crack and leak over time than the stock. I know Perrin makes one, and Samco makes one....any other manufacturers I should look into?

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
Valve: Forge or Tial. Both make good recirculating units.

Hoses: Meh. Replace them if needed, otherwise, leave them be.

Turbo inlet: Only worth it if you're doing the full intake tract.

·
Lando Calrissian
3,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Valve: Forge or Tial. Both make good recirculating units.

Hoses: Meh. Replace them if needed, otherwise, leave them be.

Turbo inlet: Only worth it if you're doing the full intake tract.
I will take a closer look at the Forge and Tial valves. Anyone else got info on what to get, or any to avoid (other than atmo ones as they are not in the running)?

Hoses, it is more of engine dress, and only slightly preventative maintenance related (for me)..... knowing me though, I will likely figure it to be too much work, get lazy, and only replace as needed. :rotfl:

Inlet... what do you mean by 'full intake tract'? I already have an AEM CAI, and would be replacing the inter-cooler before the inlet is even on the table...is that all, or were you meaning only worth it if also replacing the intake manifold and getting TGV deletes?

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
DemonWRX said:
Inlet... what do you mean by 'full intake tract'? I already have an AEM CAI, and would be replacing the inter-cooler before the inlet is even on the table...is that all, or were you meaning only worth it if also replacing the intake manifold and getting TGV deletes?
Intake, MAF-hose (some intakes remove it, some don't), inlet

·
Registered
35 Posts
For the BOV I would go with the Synapse DV. Do a search on youtube, they have a bunch of videos up about how it works. Its the fastest responding valve and is good up to something like 150psi

As far as the hoses and inlet goes, I really cant see a reason for them other than cosmetic.

·
Lando Calrissian
3,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
DylTayVB, I don't think I have seen any Synapse products at the vendors I normally order from....do you have a reputable source(s) that I could look though?

I did find one for sale through the NASIOC forums, the owner bought it, installed it, then switched back to stock the next day (guess he didn't like it) and was trying to sell it....had it for sale for like 3 or 4 days, and when no one responded right away, he threw a fit and just dropped it in the trash like a big crybaby...said he had paid like 250 for it and trashed it after no one bought it for 140. He trashed it 3 days before I started looking for one.

·
Lando Calrissian
3,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
FACEPALM!

I love my Nameless cat-back! I didn't even think to check them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts