ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have slotted and drilled rotors on my car, no issues in cracking or anything so far... I'm going to be changing front and rear pads soon and noticed the front rotors and back rotors are going opposite directions... Does anyone have a diagram on the correct rotational direction they should be going?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't know. They were on the car when I got it...

·
Registered N00b
263 Posts
I dont think rotors are directional. Just depending on the owner on which way you want them spinning. I dont know about the higher end super mega ultra racing brakes.

·
Lando Calrissian
3,787 Posts
Are both rears 'backwards' or only one?

If both are backwards, it is possible that the installer put them on the wrong side of the car.....if one is backward and one is forward it is possible that you either have 2 left or 2 right rotors

As for which way they should be spinning, there is likely a 'proper' rotation, but it likely does not matter all that much unless tracking the car hard.

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
rotors aren't like tires...there's really no specificity about the direction they are going other than what the owner feels they should look like.

I did research on it when I put my front drilled rotors on.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just wanted to make sure I'm getting the best braking efficiency out of what I have. If they work better in one direction of rotation vs. another then I would switch them. That's more of why I was asking...

·
Registered
97 Posts
The direction of the slots on the rotors depends on the relation of the calipers on the wheel. The slot orientations would be different if the calipers were on front vs the rear of the tire. At least that was the explanation on the instillation directions for mine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts