ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was driving yesterday and when i droped it to 3rd and punched it,

it seemed the clutch was still stuck even though the pedal was all the way out

the rpm's jumped the turbo spooled the car wasn't going no where until i let go of the gas

the rpm's came back and if i drive it lightly everything is fine.

i just can't punch it any more because it happens all the time...

also it smelled like burnt clutch, like i was riding it, i only have 20000 miles on it

i just want to get your opinion if it's the clutch, i am basicly running stage 2 txs right now

i have a new turbo to install but i have to fix this problem first

before i put more mods on it.....

any one have any idea what is wrong with the clutch????

matt

·
Registered
411 Posts
your disk is pry fried, you will need a new clutch disk and pressure plate, and either a resurfaced flywheel or a new one. because you seem to like mods i would recomend something stronger than stock, on the pressure plate side. the stock clutch disk is quite good but the pressure plate is kinda leighweight . what i was planning on doing when my clutch fails is get a leightweight sti flywheel, stock STI ver 5 clutch disk and a ver 5 STI pressure plate.

strong but it can still slip to acomodate some cushion on the drivetrain.

-luke

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah i am looking what clutch i am going to go with and yeah i will replace the flywheel when i take the trany out. right now i can still drive it but not like i used to

it sucks but i guess that's my new project now. not a big deal i looked at it it doesn't look hard to take the trany out.....

i was thinking act clutch kit with exedy flywheel
where are u getting ver 5 sti ones?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts