Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2018 WRX. Protuned, 13000 miles. Mods are ( Cobb big SF Intake, Namless Turboback exhaust Catted. Every once in awhile mainly just cruising on the highway I will feel this buck! Like a jump or sudden loss of power for split seconds. It’s almost like a hiccup. Is this normal cruise knock I’m feeling, possible misfire? I show 0 knock and my dam is always at 1.0. I’ve been Protuned for 2 months now and I haven’t seen a single knock reading or dam drop. I was starting to wonder if he turned off the knock sensor but they said they didn’t. They are a very reputable tuner and everyone who went there also said they don’t play with the knock sensors. Maybe I have a faulty knock sensor from the factory? Maybe it’s not knock at all. Anyone know what I’m experiencing?

·
Water.....sometimes waves
1,611 Posts
"Bucking" was always a transmission shift-valve thing in my past automatic vehicles. You didn't say what you have. I could see a momentary clutch slip do this in a MT. I don't know the design details of a CVT but can also imagine a momentary fluid pressure loss (from any number of causes) causing a buck.

Just sayin, not automatically an engine issue.....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts