Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that's one crazy modded out wrx

wouldnt have been able to tell unless you were posting here on a wrx forum.
It is surely amazing the transformation that my 2015 WRB WRX Limited went through in about 15 months. I have found that stuffing a 376 cubic inch V8 into the engine bay was the most difficult and yet the most rewarding modification.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What , no Cherohalla ?
Not on this trip. We just had the one day. We were coming over from CamaroFest VII in Bowling Green and this was the cherry on the Sunday add. After a full day on The National Corvette Museum Raceway (Hooked on Driving sponsor), 2 days at Beech Bend Raceway (NHRA drag strip) and 2 days of CamaroCross (bigger track for these bigger cars) this was considered to be a full run. We ended up coming down 106 from Highlands and staying at the Dillard House. Still one of my favorite places to eat. There were 7 cars in the group.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Cherohala is better suited for GT cars with it's long sweeping turns and higher speed limit . I stayed in Robinsville NC July 10 - 14 , perfectly situated to enjoy the Dragon and Cherohala . Was planning on going back Sunday for a few days but hurricane Irma has put me behind with work so I'm looking at the first week of October now .

Black Camaro behind you needs to stay off the double yellow .

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I stayed at the Phillips Motel in Robbinsville in October of 2015 when I was visiting with my 2015 WRX. It was cool to sit outside with the sports car and motorcycle folks, around the fire pits at night and talk about our day. While the Cherohala had 55MPH speed limits for much of the ~40 mile length, it wasn't as demanding as either The Dragon or Moonshiner 28. I did enjoy the fall colors and spent a good bit of time taking pictures.

I know when this set of pictures was taken, we were cruising at a very relaxed pace. First trip through for some of the folks. The Gen5 ZL1 is a bit heavier car. Powerful with 585HP, but built on the ZETA platform, it isn't a ballerina. We did dance together on a couple of other runs. The white modded WRX, Alpha platform that I was driving was well suited to both The Dragon and Moonshiner29. I personally like the first ~10 miles out of Deal's Gap to the 4 lane and the last 20 miles into Highlands as well, if not better than The Dragon.

·
Registered
66 Posts
It is surely amazing the transformation that my 2015 WRB WRX Limited went through in about 15 months. I have found that stuffing a 376 cubic inch V8 into the engine bay was the most difficult and yet the most rewarding modification.
Ahhh making your wrx more reliable i see lol

·
Premium Member
15,595 Posts
:thumbup:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts