Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
takes 2 or 3 tries

For me it seems that if I don't slam it down at the right spot it won't close. Sometimes it takes 2 or 3 tries to get it closed. It doesn't really bother me cause this car too fun to drive.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Ithink the car is sealed a little to tight(air pressure problem). My doors do the same. Try closing your trunk with a window or door open, that works for me.

Justin

·
Registered
16 Posts
"Mods - 87lbs of dynamat and a squeaky exhaust. Oh yeah and Vishnu stage 0."

^
|
|
All I have to do is touch it with my pinky and the trunk lid slams shut. Problem solved. :D

·
Registered
186 Posts
ya the trunk and doors are hard to close.

i close my trunk by pulling down on the lil gap where the emergency lever is on the inside. i dont wanna live little finger prints on my trunk haha

·
Registered
136 Posts
I do the same, I grab the gap on the inside of the trunk hood and then thrust it down. That way I don't have to hold the wing or touch or break the wing.

I have a bad history of breaking things

·
Banned
7,636 Posts
amazing avatar mario.

i use the little metal latch to close it too. :D we are dorks.

i have no problems with closiing my trunk. but my spoiler bolts keep coming loose. thiink it's time to dial down the bass a bit? :)

dR

·
Moderating U!
4,192 Posts
When I bought mine, I tried to close it somewhat softly and it wouldn't close. I had to get the salesman and tell him my trunk wouldn't close. Then he comes and slams it REALLY HARD and says there you go. I thought the spoiler was going to come off. What a dick head. Yes, I have to slam mine to get it shut. Same with the doors.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
dark_rex said:

but my spoiler bolts keep coming loose. thiink it's time to dial down the bass a bit? :)

dR
Hey dR, use some locktite (I'm drawing a blank on what it's called, but I think that's right) to keep them from working loose. I think it's the blue that won't permantly seize them.

·
Registered
242 Posts
JD Mario & BambooI,

You guys need to change your avatars, I find myself becoming aroused while reading your posts! YIKES!

·
Banned
7,636 Posts
lookout flyboy, I think plat is getting aroused from looking at yours.

:D :D :D

and thanks WRXed, i'll grab some loctite this weekend. i was going to try some teflon tape, but i think that'll work much better.

dR

·
Registered
15 Posts
I've found that it's not so much how hard I close my trunk as where I push down on it. If my greasy paw is directly over the latch, it usually closes pretty well. Otherwise, it pops back up. Speaking of greasy paws, thanks for the new handle idea. I hate those fingerprints!

-Rob

p.s. Ok, so who here is aroused by my avatar? ;)

·
Registered
136 Posts
I do hate it when there is finger marks on the wing

P.S. nothin make me more aroused than a old guy with a pipe in his mouth from the simpsons, ooooohhhhhh yyyyeeeeaaaaahhhhhhh lol:p

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yar! That be the Sea Captain yur talkin about!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts