Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so have you seen those Rally innovations skid guard. the ones that protect the Bumper and radiator. Well i have seen no pictures of the underside. does it cover the oil pan like a skid plate or no. and if not is there any that does both?? If not i will be trying to make one. Tell me what you think.

Andy

·
Premium Member
6,716 Posts
Personally, I would make my own. Which I am doing.. when I actually get the time to work on it. Of course I would have never been able to make a regular one fit because my headers stick down so low.

BTW, I grabbed a 4'x3' piece of 1/8" think 5052 aluminium from discount steel for $40. Much better than paying nearly $200 for one that I would have to modify anyways.

(in case you need measurements for your mounting holes)

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
I don't think it goes back to the oil pan. I'm pretty sure it's mostly for looks and lights. It does protect the bumper a little I suppose.

I'm waiting for Rally Innovations to come out with one for '06-07 WRXs. I love the way they look. Check out this one:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
farbeyondDriven: I don't think it goes back to the oil pan. I'm pretty sure it's mostly for looks and lights. It does protect the bumper a little I suppose.
yea i think your right. And i think those look awesome. thats why i want to make one like it but it will protect the engine as well.

MainFrame: Personally, I would make my own. Which I am doing.. when I actually get the time to work on it. Of course I would have never been able to make a regular one fit because my headers stick down so low.

BTW, I grabbed a 4'x3' piece of 1/8" think 5052 aluminium from discount steel for $40. Much better than paying nearly $200 for one that I would have to modify anyways.

How did this go do you have any pictures mainframe? Also i looked and couldnt find a piece for that amount it was like 80 or something like that.

·
Premium Member
6,716 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Premium Member
6,716 Posts
It's $70 because if you order online they are going to take a big sheet and cut it to your specs. You will have to call them to see what size drops they have available.

I just drove to their warehouse and walked into where they were cutting. I talked to the guy doing the cutting and after about two minutes of looking he pulled out a 4'x3' piece that was scrap cut off of a larger order. Hopefully if you call they will be able to get you something for the drops price. Although I don't know what shipping is going to cost.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
I'm waiting for Rally Innovations to come out with one for '06-07 WRXs. I love the way they look.
I just checked Rally Innovations' website and it says their '06-07 skid guard is "Coming Soon" -- weird? I might have to call them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts