1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all

I have a question/Issue

2018 WRB WRX - Sirius Radio reactivated after 6 month trial

Now before on the trial I had this issue - but thought it was just because it was a trial
But now with myself paying for a subscription its become a real nuisance - have to manually choose the channel again - either through 50 favorites or some time go threw 300 channels to get to the one I want

Here is what is happening

Start the car - choose a Sirius XM channel - listen to it for a short or long drive
Shut off car - even just for a few min
Restart the car - Radio goes back to Channel 1 - the preview channel that gives you some music and every commercial is "activate your radio now for (deal)" NOT the channel I was listening to

To get even stranger - once in a blue moon on start up it WILL return to the channel I was listening to - no rhyme or reason why

Anyone else have this issue?

And if not - is it a Subaru issue with the Radio - or is it a Sirius Issue?

I am leading to a Subaru issue as I can tune to any channel after start up - so the subscription is valid and working but any insight would be great

FYI - if just listening to FM Radio it WILL stay on that channel - listening to CD or Flash it will always start at the first track file

Thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello all

I have a question/Issue

2018 WRB WRX - Sirius Radio reactivated after 6 month trial

Now before on the trial I had this issue - but thought it was just because it was a trial
But now with myself paying for a subscription its become a real nuisance - have to manually choose the channel again - either through 50 favorites or some time go threw 300 channels to get to the one I want

Here is what is happening

Start the car - choose a Sirius XM channel - listen to it for a short or long drive
Shut off car - even just for a few min
Restart the car - Radio goes back to Channel 1 - the preview channel that gives you some music and every commercial is "activate your radio now for (deal)" NOT the channel I was listening to

To get even stranger - once in a blue moon on start up it WILL return to the channel I was listening to - no rhyme or reason why

Anyone else have this issue?

And if not - is it a Subaru issue with the Radio - or is it a Sirius Issue?

I am leading to a Subaru issue as I can tune to any channel after start up - so the subscription is valid and working but any insight would be great

FYI - if just listening to FM Radio it WILL stay on that channel - listening to CD or Flash it will always start at the first track file

Thanks in advance!!
I would suggest to check if need to upgrade the starlink program. The dealership can do that for you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
82 Posts
Mine does this to me every now and then. I rarely listen to Sirius but I can confirm it occasionally starts me back at channel 1. Opposite of you, it typically remains on the last station. Unfortunately, I never noticed any sort of pattern to help in any root cause analysis.

Edit: Mine is a 2017. Shouldnt make a difference but......

·
Registered
359 Posts
It's an inconvenient truth but there's no way to change it from being at channel 1 upon start up. I hear its so kids don't hear howard stern's filthy mouth upon starting the car if they happen to be present :nono:
17 wrx here
bababooey

·
Registered
1 Posts
What station are you leaving it on? I don't plan on keeping sirius, but I'm currently using the trial version and haven't had this happen. Any time I switch between FM, XM, or bluetooth, it will always go back to the last station I was listening to. I have a 2018 WRX base.

·
Registered
4 Posts
It's an unfortunate truth. Any station that may contain "mature" content and the satellite radio resets to the preview channel in case the kids or boss want to join you on startup. SUPER annoying and as far as I know nothing we can do about it. It's a fairly new thing as well. Had a 2014 Outback with no issues, 2015 Outback and it had the parental reset and now a 2018 WRX with the same issue.

·
Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin
3,818 Posts
I have a 2018 base it does not do this,only the upgraded headunit.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks all - yes - if you leave it on a MA channel - Howard - or Turbo/octane it will go back to the (but us channel)

Thanks for all the info and hope this helps someone else

1 - 11 of 11 Posts