Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
9,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Simpsons Observations

This was originally Jim's idea, so I'm not taking credit. he asked me to post this because he was busy designing things to destroy the world with...

Anyway, you ever notice small things about the Simpsons that don't make sense? Here are a few things we came up with:

Why do they have 4 fingers?
Why do they wear the same clothes? You don't see Seinfeld doing that...
Why is Maggie still a baby?...after 8 years??

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
hmmm...i dunno.....maybe it's because it's....

a cartoon? :D

·
: : J-Lovin Moderator: :
556 Posts
Re: Simpsons Observations

Trailboss516 said:
This was originally Jim's idea, so I'm not taking credit. he asked me to post this because he was busy designing things to destroy the world with...

Anyway, you ever notice small things about the Simpsons that don't make sense? Here are a few things we came up with:

Why do they have 4 fingers?
Why do they wear the same clothes? You don't see Seinfeld doing that...
Why is Maggie still a baby?...after 8 years??
Haha well if you remember the very first ever season of the Simpsons, they are the same age then as they are now. Which is why Maggie is still a baby. Why do they wear the same clothes? Every cartoon does that. 4 fingers? Not even the writes explain that. Haha here are the rule questions!

1. How is Mr. Burns still alive?
2. How come Mod and Tod (or whatever Flanders kids name are) never appear at school?
3. Why hasnt Homer been at the Nuclear Powerplant lately on the newer Episode?

Those are just a few off my head. Hehe I love the Simpsons.

Jason

·
Registered
9,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Re: Simpsons Observations

PhreeZe said:

2. How come Mod and Tod (or whatever Flanders kids name are) never appear at school?

Jason
Rod and Todd

·
Registered
9,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Keeping a job for 8 years can be tough!

·
Registered
280 Posts
Yeah, but he has lost his job a few times. I.E., when Homer becomes a trucker, and Bart decides he wants to come along.

Bart: Can I come with?
Homer: Aren't you supposed to be at school?
Bart: Aren't you supposed to be at work?
Homer: Ah, touche.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Simpsons Quotes

Here are some favorites of mine:

Homer: I want to set the record straight - I thought the cop was a prostitute.

Homer: What can I do to speed the whole thing up, doctor?
Dr. Nick: Well, be creative. Instead of making sandwiches with bread, use Pop Tarts. Instead of chewing gum, chew bacon.
Bart: You could brush your teeth with milkshakes!
Dr. Nick: Hey... did you go to Hollywood Upstairs Medical College, too?

Homer: Donut?
Lisa: No thanks. Do you have any fruit?
Homer: This has purple stuff inside... purple is a fruit.

Homer: Stealing! How could you?! Haven't you learned anything from that guy who gives those sermons at church? Captain Whats-his-name?

Homer: I just wish someone would call me "sir"... without adding "you're making a scene.

Homer: Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand!

Homer: No one gets into heaven without a glowstick!

Marge: Homer, you were supposed to be at work an hour ago!
Homer: They told me if I came to work late again, I would be fired. I can't take that chance!

Homer: To alcohol. The cause of, and solution to, all of lifes problems.

Principal Skinner: Oh, relax kids. I've got a gut feeling Uter's around here somewhere. After all, isn't there a little Uter in all of us? In fact, you might evern say we just ate Uter and he's in our stomachs right now! Wait, Scratch that one.

Ralph: When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine University!

·
Registered
9,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
When Homer pretends he is Mr. Burns...
Homer: I understand you have a package for me
Mail person: Your name?
Homer: Mr. Burns
Mail person: Your first name?
Homer: I..don't know!

·
Registered
649 Posts
Ralph Wiggum: When I grow up, I want to be a principal or a caterpillar....

Ralph again: Doctor says I wouldn't get so many nosebleeds If I just kept my finger outta there.

Krusty doing tech support: Type control, backslash, semicolon, alt, dot, escape and you'll be fine.

Homer: Ooohh, they have the internet on computers now!

·
Registered
280 Posts
Rev. Lovejoy: So Homer, please feel free to tell us anything. There's no judgment here.
Homer: The other day I was so desperate for a beer I snuck into the football stadium and ate the dirt under the bleachers.
Rev. Lovejoy: I cast thee out!

Homer: Now son, you don't want to drink beer. That's for Daddies, and kids with fake IDs.

Homer: The only monster here is the gambling monster that has enslaved your mother! I call him Gamblor, and it's time to snatch your mother from his neon claws!

Homer: I saw this in a movie about a bus that had to SPEED around a city, keeping its SPEED over fifty, and if its SPEED dropped, it would explode. I think it was called, The Bus That Couldn't Slow Down.

Marge: Homer, the plant called. They said if you don't show up tomorrow don't bother showing up on Monday.
Homer: Woo-hoo! Four-day weekend!

Homer:My wife is not a doobie to be passed around! On our wedding day I promised to bogart her for life!

Homer: I dont know, Marge. Trying is the first step toward failure.

Homer: You tried your best and failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.

Homer: You jive turkey. See? You got to sass it. Quit jivin' me, turkey. You got to sass it. A "turkey" is a bad person.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Well guys, if my Simpsons knowledge is right, i think they have been on for 13 years, not 8. They first came out in 1989, i believe.

Patrick

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
ralph: i bent my wookie!

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
1fastwrx said:
Homer: All work and no beer make homer go something something.
Homer's Brain: CRAZY?!?!?
Homer: DON't MIND IF I DO.
Marge said "crazy?"

·
Registered
95 Posts
If you watch the Simpsons episode where Homer stays home from church and is visited by God, you see that God has 5 fingers!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Moe: Ive been called ugly, butt ugly, puggly, pug fugly, fugly, but NEVER ugly ugly!

Homer: All right, brain. You don't like me and I don't like you, but let's just do this and I can get back to killing you with beer.

Homer: I know what you're saying, Bart. When I was young, I wanted an electric football machine more than anything else in the world, and my parents bought it for me, and it was the happiest day of my life. Well, goodnight.

·
1,379 Posts
What I can't get over is how different the characters sounded in the first season...

·
Registered
9,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
JimmyNY - that thread was the same one I posted - So I merged yours with mine - read topics before you post please.
Thanks!
-Josh

1 - 20 of 35 Posts