Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I have a 2018 WRX and I am about to pull the trigger on some coilovers. I have narrowed my selection down to these two and the RCE is $255 more than the silvers. I was wondering how they compared to each other and if i should spend the extra cash or not if the benefits outweigh the cost. Anyone who has experience with these brands would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

·
The Disgruntled Veteran
112 Posts
I have a set of Silvers Neomax with the 40mm lift.

I have them installed on my 2015 WRX STI which stock was much harsher and stiffer than the 2015 WRX I had (similar ride to the 2018 if not identical if I'm not mistaken, Ive kinda been out of the loop on the technical end for awhile)

Adjustments are great and easy to do, the spanner wrench set leaves a little to be desired. But that goes with almost all spanner wrenches in my opinion. The 24 point dampening is very precise in my opinion and makes it easy to adjust to fit your needs, or comfort levels you'd like. I have them maxxed out at times and its still not too harsh of a ride but you will feel a massive increase in suspension feel and performance. I normally run them at about 18 clicks front and rear for daily driving, I'll do anywhere from 22-24 for highly spirited driving and around 15 or 16 gets me just between squishy feeling and comfortable enough to not worry about every small bump in the road and bottoming out the suspension.

I got mine from Import Image Racing, Did the set with rear lower control arms and rear strut adjustment extenders. Took me some time to dial it in where I wanted it but in the end was worth it.

·
The Disgruntled Veteran
112 Posts
I have a set of Silvers Neomax with the 40mm lift.

I have them installed on my 2015 WRX STI which stock was much harsher and stiffer than the 2015 WRX I had (similar ride to the 2018 if not identical if I'm not mistaken, Ive kinda been out of the loop on the technical end for awhile)

Adjustments are great and easy to do, the spanner wrench set leaves a little to be desired. But that goes with almost all spanner wrenches in my opinion. The 24 point dampening is very precise in my opinion and makes it easy to adjust to fit your needs, or comfort levels you'd like. I have them maxxed out at times and its still not too harsh of a ride but you will feel a massive increase in suspension feel and performance. I normally run them at about 18 clicks front and rear for daily driving, I'll do anywhere from 22-24 for highly spirited driving and around 15 or 16 gets me just between squishy feeling and comfortable enough to not worry about every small bump in the road and bottoming out the suspension.

I got mine from Import Image Racing, Did the set with rear lower control arms and rear strut adjustment extenders. Took me some time to dial it in where I wanted it but in the end was worth it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts