Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the most silent muffler you guys would recommend? I recently got in some legal trouble and I'm trying to make my car a little more unobtrusive. I just need some advice on a silent or near silent muffler that doesn't detract from performance.

·
895 Posts
heres a crazy idea - is there a way to get a really silent exhaust, like super quiet, so that when u let loose and go WOT, no one will suspect it :D - total sleeper

·
Registered
115 Posts
how about exaust wrap on the uppipe and downpipe ? I heard this cuts the turbo noise down a lot. and might help performance also

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sorry, im a n00b, but what is exhaust wrap?

·
Registered
310 Posts
It is a heat resistence material that you wrap around the exhaust pipes to keep the heat in. They also make a coover for the turbo charger. More heat mean faster exhaust gas speed equal better spool up.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'd like an opinion on the quieter rear section exhausts as well..I want a better tone than stock..bought a Borla cat back and the thing was extremely loud...kinda stinks because you dont really know how loud it is until youve already bought it..any opinions??

·
895 Posts
if u wanna check the sound before you buy an exhaust, just ask around on these boards and usually someone has a sound clip of the exhaust ur looking for, or at worst they can link you to someone who does have one

1 - 9 of 9 Posts