Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
If you had a blue car, would you paint it yellow? Actually I might if I get the yellow decal set and it would match my calipers.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Depends on the color of your WRX. If you have a color that's available from Subaru prepainted, then no, don't paint your sideskirts. Buy them instead. Trust me, the paint results are much better on the OEMs.

Best prices so far has been from subaruparts.com. Talk to Trish.

·
Premium Member
3,762 Posts
How much are the OEM sideskirts that are painted??? I have a blaze yellow so I doubt they have it but I'm just curious. I still have to paint the scratch from my bumper so I'm considering painting the skirts when I get that done but it's so $$$$.

·
Banned
7,636 Posts
i had my black OEM sbody kit painted. the dealer shipped it in in primer, then had it painted for me. I've been very happy with it, especially since most of the rexs with the subaru spoilers are only in silver, blue and red.old pics are in the photo section "the dark rex"

i'll be updating them soon with the new stuff

DR

ps
blazin, are you getting the paint done through the dealer?

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
I'm thinking of buying the Rally Blue side skirts from my Platihum Silver Rex. I think it would look different and be a nice contrast of colors. Then I have to seriously consider some racing stripes and/or the other factory colored matched front and rear skirts.

-Jim

·
Premium Member
3,762 Posts
Hello DR,

I don't knokw yet right now i'm pretty poor after upgrading this board and I'm trying to not spend too much money at this time. I think dealers usually charge more than other places... the cost to paint your car varies a lot from one place to another, but u know what they say... you get what you pay for.

PlatinumWRX,

I don't think blue skirts would match your silver WRX, it will probably give it that early 90s look where people paint their bodykits and want it to stand out more. It's just an opinion but yeah i think you should probably get some subaru stickers instead of racing stripes, i think the rally stars will look sweet on your car.

Tim

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Some blue World Rally Championship stickers would look pretty cool. I'm not a big fan of stickers though. They would have to be realatively small and tasteful.

Speaking of stickers, did any of you guys get that SCCA/Subaru window stickers (2) in the mail for joining SCCA. They are freaking huge. IMO much too big to put in any of the windows.

-Jim

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yup, I got them too. There way to big to go on my car. I did put the little round one they sent at first on my wifes rav4. Can't even stick them on the wall where I put those kind of things because they are glued on the front.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts