ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone with a US 2004 WRX put on the side marker/blinkers like the Euro (and jap I think) wrx's? Why didn't the US WRX's come with it? I do like the look of those oval side marker/blinkers and would love to do it for safety reasons especially because I am going to clear out my headlights. Also, where would you purchase them? Thanks in advance.

~myke

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
"European law" (local law in most european contries) requires the blinkes. I think they looks good and it's nice safety feature it you drive alot in trafic.
Mine came in orange, then I changed it to clear white and now I got smoked black. I think the smoked looks best on my silver car.

The blinkers can be picked up at most european shops, but if you plan on installing them yourself you have to be rally careful so you get it right.. Take alot of mesurements and use a pencil or something to get it aligned correctly...

If you want I'll post a picture of how the hole looks like :)

I bought my clear blinkers @ the local dealer and I bought the smoked from england. Many shops have them, I got mine from here j-w-racing

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks man, i appreciate it. I do drive in alot of traffic esp. in NYC so it would be very nice to have. I am just very scared of drilling through the metal (scared of getting them uneven and stuff). if you can post a pic of the hole that would be awesome!! how did you get the wire from the side to splice into the blinker wire? Thanks!

btw, i have a black wrx, do you think smoked or clear would look nice? I think both would.

~Myke

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
mykedude said:
Thanks man, i appreciate it. I do drive in alot of traffic esp. in NYC so it would be very nice to have. I am just very scared of drilling through the metal (scared of getting them uneven and stuff). if you can post a pic of the hole that would be awesome!! how did you get the wire from the side to splice into the blinker wire? Thanks!

btw, i have a black wrx, do you think smoked or clear would look nice? I think both would.

~Myke
I'll get the picture for you tomorrow. Have to go to bed now (just finnished my evo2 and dp install :D

I think both colors would be nice, but maybe smoked it the best:confused: Depends on the rest of the cars. Black car, CF hood, some nice rims and smoked blinkers would look really nice..
If you follow the link in my last post you'll see that they have 2 diffrent colors on the smoked blinkers. I think the ultra smoked is alittle overkill, atleast on my silver car..

About the wires I'm not sure where you can get it. My car is EDM version so I got it with orange blinkers ;) Pictures will come soon (pm me if I forget it ;) )

·
Moderating on the run!
12,477 Posts
Someone posted up very good templates for 02/03 side markers, but I haven't see any for the 04+ models. You'd want a very accurate template- as you have to cut a pretty good size oval in the fenders.

I'm thinking about doing this myself- if I find anything I'll post up.

Big Sky

·
Moderating on the run!
12,477 Posts
Found this thread-http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=390962&highlight=template+marker

Looks like a guy w/ 04 wagon did this using the template- must not be any differences in the fenders 02/03 to 04+. There is also a link in there for a 04 STi template which should be the same as the WRX sedan.

Big Sky

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Thanks big sky, you rock, yeah, i am VERY intrested in it but am really afraid to cut huge holes in my fenders. lol Let me know if you are doing this as well. it would be a cool addition to have. i'd love the smoked ones. subydude has them as a combo for the 02-03's but not as seperates....sux

~myke

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Chargespeed makes Fiberglass, widebody fenders. They come with the holes already there. I am going this route because our fenders dent so easily. Fiberglass will not dent and they aren't that expensive. 370 for the set usually. If you can find someone to paint em for cheap it's not that bad. Plust they are wider so 18x8.5 will fit :wiggles:

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Last one.. Please let me know if you cant more pitcures. Once I get my camera back I'll be able to ;) Good luck with the project. I think the blinkers look good on the wrx..

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for the pics Roffa, I really appreciate them. I think the project will be on hold for awhile as i have to find something to cut through the sheet metal with accuracy.

~myke

·
Moderating on the run!
12,477 Posts
I think I will be doing this soon :) Found out you can order the clear ones straight from the dealer for only $10 a pop-part# 84401SA000. You'd still have to wire it and cut a hole in the fender- templates are listed in the thread I linked above.

If somone has already done this- any tips would be good :)

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Wow this thread is back from the dead :) Big sky, let me know how it works out as I'd still love to get this done.

I am very afraid if cutting my fenders leads to a "cave in" trying to drill through.

~myke

1 - 20 of 24 Posts