ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A buddy of mine is gonna buy a downpipe very shortly. I think he's after one of the $160 Tsudo downpipes that's floatin' around on Ebay. Anywho, we know that we're gonna get a CEL, but we're curious as to what will happen if the CEL isn't taken care of... besides being annoying. Will it cause any harm or performance penalties to just let it go? The reason why I ask is:

1) we're both really lazy

2) he's also planning on getting an AccessPort within a month or so, and it doesn't seem worth the trouble to bother with a CEL fix if the AccessPort is gonna take care of it in a month or so.

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,699 Posts
cheeseybacon said:
A buddy of mine is gonna buy a downpipe very shortly. I think he's after one of the $160 Tsudo downpipes that's floatin' around on Ebay. Anywho, we know that we're gonna get a CEL, but we're curious as to what will happen if the CEL isn't taken care of... besides being annoying. Will it cause any harm or performance penalties to just let it go? The reason why I ask is:

1) we're both really lazy

2) he's also planning on getting an AccessPort within a month or so, and it doesn't seem worth the trouble to bother with a CEL fix if the AccessPort is gonna take care of it in a month or so.
If he's gonna get an AP, then I wouldn't sweat it. That is, unless he needs to pass inspection in a place that requires OBDII plugin in the mean time.

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
Well the Access Port will take care of it but it will be longer than a month. I ordered mine at the end of June and Im still waiting. OH well itll just make it sweeter.

·
Registered
5 Posts
on that website for the cel fix. it says it a helix cel fix. does that only work with the helix downpipe or can i use it on my hks downpipe

·
Registered
128 Posts
a CEL fix is a resistor with wires soldered onto both ends of it. it will take care of a CEL regardless the brand of the pipe. if you absolutely feel that you won't want to waste the extra 15 minutes to take care of the CEL fix, then wait till the accessport arrives to install the pipe.

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,699 Posts
Chunks said:
The newest accessport maps will get by odb-ii testing.
Right, my AccessECU map got me through OBDII last February. I was saying that he'd have problems with the CEL if he has to pass OBDII before he gets his AP.

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
RayfieldsWRX said:
Right, my AccessECU map got me through OBDII last February. I was saying that he'd have problems with the CEL if he has to pass OBDII before he gets his AP.
ah... missed that, but I was also referring to the fix where they can fail you for your sensor reading "not ready" or something.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts