ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I'm going to try and keep this short, sweet and straight to the point. I have a 02 wrx with 135k miles .. mods include megan racing down and up pipe turboxs 50/50 bpv flowmaster exhaust aem short ram intake godspeed turbo inlet mishimoto IC hosing walbro pump iridium plugs I'm currently running cobb stage 2 93 map.. I purchased this car as a project knowing I had a long road ahead of me.. I'm currently aware of a small up pipe leak which I plan on fixing this week .. when I finally went stage 2 I was running 16 lbs of boost and within the last month or two I have dramatically dropped in boost for an avg 12 lbs and the car just seems like its got a bad cold .. I had my fuel rails replaced and after about a week or two I began noticing power loss .. its hesitant under full throttle so instantly I thought the intake mani was leaking .. I have done all tthe diy leak tests and have found no results .. ithe only cel I'm pulling is p0457 which is a evap emission leak probably from not replacing the gasket when I put the new pump in .. my car overflows at the pump and did not do this until after a week of having the new pump installed and I'm beginning to think its a fuel related issue? The car acts like it wants to go but it just does not.. I am running out of ideas and id rather not take it to the stealership but at this point its my next step .. I was told by a buddy he seen a few drops of gas behind the passenger side wheel but to my investigation did not see it .. I will try to post data logs at some point today.. does anybody have any ideas? If I forgot to add any information let me know replies are appreciated!

Thanks

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,225 Posts
If the map notes do not list the intake or any other part as supported, remove it.

Fix the up pipe leak.

The fuel pump is not likely related to the overflow; diagnose with evap or tubing problem in mind.

·
29,225 Posts
Oh and when replacing up pipe gaskets etc check inlet, bcs, and fpr reference connections again.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry For the late post.. turns out its my bcs.. I Just ordered a cobb 3 port unit.. is there anything I need to know in hooking this. Up differently than the stock unit? Would this affect the tune at all .. overboosting etc.. any info would be appreciated.. thanks

·
29,225 Posts
Check map notes and contact Cobb before installing.

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
Rexxy2Sexxy said:
Sorry For the late post.. turns out its my bcs.. I Just ordered a cobb 3 port unit.. is there anything I need to know in hooking this. Up differently than the stock unit? Would this affect the tune at all .. overboosting etc.. any info would be appreciated.. thanks
You cannot install the BCS on your car without reworking the boost tables. Since it's a Cobb part, they may be willing to help you do this.

·
Premium Member
6,501 Posts
The overflowing at the pump probably has to do with the EVAP charcoal canister purge valve.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts