ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
STI Bushings???

I recently purchased my WRX from the dealer off the lot. The window sticker has optional equipment listed and has STI Short Throw Shifter $355.00. I've been reading about the difficulty with shifting and going into reverse on the other forums. I spoke to the dealer about adding the STI bushing to see if that would help and improve things. They can' tell me if the bushing are installed already (port STS install) or if it's still the factory bushing. The dealer recommended that I wait till my first oil change (5000 miles) so that I wouldn't be charged labor to find out (I appreciate that, but I'm only at 500 miles!) Any recommendation or pics of what this looks like? Is this something I can determine myself? :confused::confused:

Any help is appreciated.

I know there are other options to go with but I want to stick with the dealer or now because this is a lease, which we'll most likely buy out!:)

·
Premium Member
10,822 Posts
The SPT bushings are optional equipment.They do not come with the STI short shifter unless specifically ordered.

The only way to find out if you somehow got the bushings would be to crawl under the car & remove the heat shield.Other than that,no way.

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
As for the SPT shifter bushings, aftermarket alternatives are much better. I wouldn't bother with them, personally.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts