ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it worth it to mod my 02 wrx? The reason I'm asking is because it's automatic.

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,224 Posts
It makes absolutely zero sense financially.

What money you spend, you will likely never see again.

If you do so having the money to spare, and as a hobby, then it can be quite fun.

·
Æternum
20,584 Posts
It makes absolutely zero sense financially.

What money you spend, you will likely never see again.

If you do so having the money to spare, and as a hobby, then it can be quite fun.
Bahaha :tongue:

How's that UP replacement coming, SD?

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,224 Posts
Bahaha :tongue:

How's that UP replacement coming, SD?
The only mod I'd consider at this stage... No progress. The car runs great, so it remains stock. Maybe one day though; on the one hand I don't want to rush things (the car is only 9 years old and barely has 120,000 miles on the clock) but on the other hand, never say never...

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,808 Posts
Kind of a strange question...

Are you happy with the car? Is all maintenance up to date? What things do you want to see changed in your car.

Modifying your car is up to you, if you're happy as it is, don't waste your money, if you want a little more power, look at Stage 1 tunes, etc...

Please don't feel peer pressure to modify your car just because many people on here do. Having an automatic doesn't exclude you from the club, though. Just don't bother buying a short throw shifter... :D

Sent from my Droid 2

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
Should I try something new with my S/O in bed? Same concept.

You may be happy with your current situation, but it may also leave you wondering what a little something extra has in store. Whether or not you choose to make things a little more interesting is your call.

I say as long as catastrophic failure isn't probable, go for it.

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,699 Posts

·
Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with
8,921 Posts
No.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Are the automatic transmissions pretty beefed up from the factory? Like are they prone to issues after modification like the manual. Ive never looked into the auto trans in the 02-03's?

·
Premium Member
17,655 Posts
The problem lies in the clutch packs. They'll wear out sooner with additional power. The gearset it's self is much stronger than the manual

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
I love the car as it is but this being the first automatic I've ever owned I'm debating on whether I'll ever feel all the power with the auto tranny. I'm just trying to see what the clubs opinion on the matter is. I know I want more power, but say I'm doing a 55 roll against a Tiburon with 175 hp would I compete, I know I have 49 more hp but I can't control RPMs, and I don't know how Subaru's automatic transmission works. Also I have a STI turbo laying around would would the transmission even handle it?

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
An auto transmission could handle a VF39/43/48 just fine. Just don't go doing Neutral bombs (no auto tranny is safe with those).

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Haha I'm a power fanatic not a jackass! Thanks for the info guys all your info has helped out alot!

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
Haha I'm a power fanatic not a jackass! Thanks for the info guys all your info has helped out alot!
I was a power fanatic and a jackass on my automatic Acura Integra when I was 17...but I just didn't have the financial means to make a 140hp engine powerful, so I neutral bombed all over the place to spin wheels :p

1 - 17 of 17 Posts