Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys, I'm relative new to this forum, I feel that this was the correct place to post this Thread.
The problem is that I have just hit a speed bump (Don't remember the speed, Probably 40 mph) in my 2016 WRX.
I literally felt that the car was flying, It was horrible, it hit it so hard that even the front mirror ended in other position.
I don't know if i should worry about, I didn't feel any difference when driving the car at low speeds, only minor scratches in the bumper.
Any recomendation?
Thanks alot

·
Registered
1 Posts
well, if your car still runs without any suspension problems then you're most likely good. It would've definitely sucked if you were on coilovers though, you would've then felt every bit of the road you landed on.

·
Super Moderator
10,985 Posts
Any recomendation?
Thanks alot
Sell the car buy a bus pass and take driving lessons. There is no reason to be doing 40 anywhere speed bumps large enough to jump your car exist.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
19,598 Posts
The car isn't made for yumping.

Also, there are ZERO yumps on public roads unless you are doing San Fran in McQueen style.

Slow down.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Guys I know it sounds stupid but I can explain it, I'm not that stupid to drive my car at that speed on public roads.
I was taking a trip to a little ghost town right next to Real De Catorce, a little town in Mexico, the road is abandoned, no one uses it exept the ones how what to visit the ghost town (nobody).
Like i said, the road is abandonaded, no single sign of a speed bump and no max speed sign.

·
Super Moderator
10,985 Posts
Guys I know it sounds stupid but I can explain it, I'm not that stupid to drive my car at that speed on public roads.
I was taking a trip to a little ghost town right next to Real De Catorce, a little town in Mexico, the road is abandoned, no one uses it exept the ones how what to visit the ghost town (nobody).
Like i said, the road is abandonaded, no single sign of a speed bump and no max speed sign.
Well in reality don't drive that fast on unknown roads.

I would have your alignment checked and wheel balance at minimum. It can bend suspension components, wheels, shock shafts, and damage bushings, and fasteners.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
I would most definitely get an alignment. It's 100 bucks for peace of mind and most likely if something is noticeably screwed up they will tell you. Explain the circumstances to the shop you take it to and ask them to do a quick inspection. If they say something is damaged, just make sure they show it to you and explain why it's damaged so you can make sure they're not pulling one over on you. Compare what they claim to be damaged against the other side of the car.

I would bet that most likely nothing was damaged, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if you need the aforementioned alignment. After the alignment, pay close attention to any pulling or vibrations. If you don't notice any, you're probably good to go. A wheel balance, as mentioned by XJ, would not be a bad idea. But I think most of the time if the wheel is out of balance you'll feel it in the form of vibrations.

As far as the accident goes, I'm not going to crucify you. It's a bitch being human and easy to get distracted. They're called 'accidents' for a reason. On the other hand, if you had claimed to be texting or something, I'd be inclined to give you a lecture.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts