ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive got a little under 7k miles with 231whp should I start saving for a new tranny or should I get headers and then save for a tranny? I dont launch my car, but I tend to shift hard now and then.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
At 231 whp I wouldn't worry about it just yet...plenty of people have been "beating" up Stage 4 WRX's (255-290 whp usually) without too much failure...the launch isn't the problem, its called shocking that causes failures. Don't bang gears hard (slip the clutch a little in between) and if you launch either slip the clutch or let the tires spin a little so the tranny doesn't take the full brunt of the force.

·
Registered
664 Posts
not too many people break 2 trannies, but I am one of em... In all honesty, if yer modded you might as well put a hundred dollars a month aside towards a rebuild fund, whether it be engine, tranny, differential, or anything SOA will screw you out of because your car is modified... In the event that something bad happens your fault or not... it wont be so steep financially for ya... (its how im paying for my RA gearset + rebuild...

And if your good luck continues, and you compile a few grand, you can always purchase a turbo and injectors AND a transmission rebuild!

just an idea ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts