• No

Votes: 8 32.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'm sorry if this is old hat for some of you folks. But, I'm seriously considering selling my '02 WRX and waiting for this 2006 STI model. I talked to the service manager at the Subaru dealer down in Flagstaff, AZ. He said Subaru is planning to make it approximately 500 hp. I don't know how he knew that, but he told me to take his word for it. Twin turbo? Twin scroll? Flat 4? Flat 6? I donno. Anyhow, I don't really care for the Audi TT look, but the rest is alright by me! :cool:

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Lt. Boom Stick said:
:bs:

500hp?

:confused1

Maybe 500hp for the rally car, but for the street car, I dont know about that. I'm not sure about the looks of it either...jury is still out.
Are they bringing back Group N? That would be so awesome to see. I think the current WRC cars are hp limited to around 300 hp.

·
Registered
5,765 Posts
turbo turtle said:
I talked to the service manager at the Subaru dealer down in Flagstaff, AZ. He said Subaru is planning to make it approximately 500 hp.
You believed what they said at a Subaru dealership about future products. Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
soggynoodles said:
I don't know about those pics. I remember seeing those same pics saying that was what the 05 was going to look like. Something is just not right...:confused: :confused: :confused:
Subaru revamps thier design every three years. So this would be the '06-'08 look.

Rancid said:
You believed what they said at a Subaru dealership about future products. Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.
Ya, I know what he said sounds pretty unbelievable, so I don't know what to think.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Here's the word from visual-assault.org. Someone interviewed the designer, his quote is below.

Originally posted by visual-assault.org on June 09, 2004
It looks like a possible preview of the 2006 2007 JDM Impreza WRX redesign. In an interview with Subaru designer Dausuke Tokanou he reveals that his design is heavily based on the B11S Concept car as well as the B9 Scrambler. These designs were originally done for the SONY PlayStation game "WRC 3" which just recently came out in Japan and Europe. Keep on the lookout for upcomming designs, I'm sure they're headed in this direction.

On the design:
"The cabin is mutual to the current Impreza production car, but the front, rear and side view is changed to make it look dramatic. It is a game, but I was very careful not to alter the design concept of SUBARU. The front design started from the concept car B11S that was introduced in Geneva Motor Show last year. The 'face' is as same as the new face as it was followed in B9 Scrambler at Tokyo Motor Show. The concept of the design is to express the power and speed of the World Rally Car. The front and rear blister fenders express the modulation of the side view to stand strong. The rear has unique tail pipe to symbolize the power."

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
I really like the look of it. Definitely calling BS on the 500hp number. I would be surprised if the USDM saw any more than the 300 the STi has now.

Also, the cars we see won't look much like that at all. Its like the prototypes you see. They resemble the production vehicle but not very closely.

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
So you know this concept came from a competition between the Subaru designers to design a car for a game right? I know it says WRC 3 but I'm pretty sure this will be a special car available in GT3. I swear I read that but could be wrong about that part. Anyway, this design is just the WRC car, and probably will never see production, it's just a concept meant for a video game and not the real world. I like the looks, but I highly doubt that will turn into the real road going Impreza or the WRC car for that matter.

As far as a dealer telling you anything, ask any somewhat honest dealer (there are 1 or 2) and they will tell you that they are the last ones to know anything about the cars. So if they are saying that the next Impreza will have 500 hp they got it from the internet or a magazine, or some other unreliable source other than Subaru. You can't trust those guys. I bet some of them don't even know the current HP on the 2005 STi, like hell I would trust them when it comes to the 2006 or 07 STi.

-Ryan

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Again, I have to state that it was the service manager that told me this information, not a salesman. He knows cars. I'm not saying that he is right or wrong, I am just passing on information.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts