Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my autometer gauge installed.. My car is completely stock. Yet i am seeing 14 psi in all gears. I was told the wrx only has 9 stock in 1st and 2nd. Is this true? If so why do i have full boost in the lower two? I know that he tapped into the fpr for a boost source on the gauge.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Many views but no posts.....thanks guys. I looked a little closer and i don't think it's full boost. I think it's a little lower. I'll have to look more.

·
Registered
82 Posts
One word of advice - the way not to get helped is to be sarcastic.

At any rate, you are asking quite a difficult question without being able to see for ourselves. It is true you should not be able to make 14 psi in all gear stock unless something is wrong with the solenoid, you have disconnected or partially connected hose, or the autometer is way off base. I would check all the connections to the stock solenoid and the turbo. Where did you tape the autometer vacuum line in at?

·
Registered
31 Posts
this seems normal. I installed an autometer boost gauge, my boost hits 14psi and falls down to 10 as you rev the engine. Only mod is the samco hoses. :cool: :D

·
Registered
41 Posts
I don't mean to step on anyone's toes, but this is not "normal" behavior. Is this a mechanical or electrical gauge? I would check all of your connections to make sure the gauge is working properly. If you have the means, try another boost gauge and compare the values.

The main reason people buy boost controllers for the WRX (outside of quicker spoolup and level) is to get full boost in all gears.... Full boost in 1st gear isn't a trait of a stock WRX.

-Matt

·
Registered
26 Posts
that's weird, my stocker pulled all the way to 14psi in first gear or so stock. Now I have VS0, so it doesn't really matter.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I think i remember noticing getting good boost in 1st and 2nd just after i bought the car. No more though a lowly 9 or so is all i get. Seems like it take the ecu awhile to pick up on this, it would spike then lower back down. I have never rest the ecu so i cant confirm this.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I'm getting 14psi under factory boost control (I have a dual stage set-up). Not sure if it has anything to do with it, but I have an automatic.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts