ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, i've been thinking about painting my stock 2004 wrx rims. I'm steadily saving for a set of 18" Konig Theories, but it's probably going to be early next spring before i actually have enough $ to get em. So in the mean time, i am considering getting my stock rims painted black. Does anyone know a place locally (denver, boulder area) that professionally paints rims? On the cheap would be nice, but i know you get what you pay for. Anyways, any help would be appreciated. Everyone have a GREAT day!!! Rex's up, Evo's down.
Peace,
Nick.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Man i love this web site. Thanks so much for that information. Everyone here is an excellent resourse and i appreciate it very, very much. Thanks again!!!

·
Banned
5,806 Posts
If you want to do it on the REAL cheap, I painted my stockers for about $30. They were flawless, until I went mud driving, but they're perfect winter wheels now. Duplicolor makes a paint specifically for wheels that does a pretty good job.

·
Banned
5,806 Posts
Probably true, but the mud driving I'm talking about was more like rock/mud driving...it was brutal.
After sanding down the stockers and noticing how thin the paint is, the Duplicolor re-paint with 6 layers of clear coat is far more durable than stock. But, if you can afford it and want to put money into stock rims, powdercoating is the way to go.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Mad WRX said:
Colorado Powder Coating Inc/Sandblasting
3801 E 68th Av COMMERCE CITY, CO
(303) 853-0394

Total cost was $140

$10 / wheel for sandblasting the old paint off

$25 / wheel to powdercoat
have you got your wheels done there? if yes, how did it came out? because thats a good deal, and i would like to go through them if they do a pretty good job.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
demonicr said:
have you got your wheels done there? if yes, how did it came out? because thats a good deal, and i would like to go through them if they do a pretty good job.
I haven't gotten them done yet, been on vacation in san fransico. I thought it was a great price also. I'm going to call this week and make an appointment to get them powdercoated. I'll put pics on here whwn the work is complete.
Peace,
nick.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just called to make the appointment. Sounds like it's a little more difficult than i expected. First, it's more expensive than others thought. It is closer to $50-$60 per rim, and the kicker is that you have to take the wheels to him with the tires off. So, i'm going to have to put the car on blocks, take the wheels someplace that will remove the rubber, then take the rims to this guy. It takes about a week for him to powdercoat. Then, take the rims back to someplace to have the rubber mounted. I'm still going to do it, cause they're going to look sweet, but it's more money and more work than i originally thought.
Peace,
nick.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts