ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my rear shocks are going out (03 wrx wagon) and I'm planning on replacing all four corners with Koni's right now, and eventually getting some springs to go with them (my rear stock springs are WAY droopy, I have a feeling both probelms are associated with the tow hitch the PO had put on) but I'm wondering if I should just spring for coilovers?

It's just a daily driver that I take on canyon runs, but it just seems like for how much I'll be spending on shocks and springs I could possibly get some decent coilovers.

So would $1000 coilovers be comparable quality to konis with rce springs? And I know the differences between the two, just have no clue about build quality, maintenance, performance, etc of the former.

I'm going to be doing some reseach on here of my own but I thought I'd start a thread in case anyone with the experience wants to help me out.

I know it's a leap from two bad struts to buying coilovers, but I'm kinda lookin at the long term investment into my car.

Thanks in advance.

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
super13pill said:
So would $1000 coilovers be comparable quality to konis with rce springs?
Absolutely, unequivocally not

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
I'd say about $2500 is the least you could pay for coilovers that are worth anything.

Add in corner balancing, tough alignments, etc. and you're looking at one hell of a good car - for a lot more than you're thinking about. At your kind of price point, struts and springs will do wonders.

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
Coilovers are for track duty. Otherwise stick with springs/struts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts