ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 dodge ram cummins with only 70,000 miles on it and I only owe $7,000. I have been wanting to get a 2012 WRX 5 door. I think the only way I will be able to get it is if I sell my truck. I am stressing and dont know what to do. I love my truck but would also love the car. Please help me make a decission. lol. :shakehead::unhappy:

This

for this

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

·
Registered
118 Posts
In all honesty, after busting my ass to find a 2012 wrx - you're way too late to find one reliably unless you want a base model.

That said, I've also got a truck (2006 tacoma) though it's paid for. Having driven the WRX, I am ABSOLUTELY READY to trade it in. Comfort, AWD and immense fun? yeah sign me up. Really what do you do with your truck that the wrx can't handle? Unless you're off-roading or crossing small rivers, or towing immense things, I think the rex will have your back.

Get one. Do it fast though, or it'll be a 2013.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I use it as my daily driver and travel 20 miles a day. I do tow my dads 12,000 lb. boat on weekend, but I was going to make him a deal. I told him to help pay it off and I will just give him the truck or put a down paymen on an excursion he wants, when I sell my truck.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Yeah, I'm selling my boat b/c I'm losing my tow vehicle. Oh well. Haven't had the boat out in 4 years.

The only thing you'll haul in the wrx is ass ;) lol, actually that isn't true b/c the hatch holds quite a lot. I can't wait to get mine and it's eating me alive to not be able to find a car. Do it fast, or commit to waiting for 2013. On the bright side, since I'm waiting I've lined up a borrow car and can private sell my car to get more cash, and coordinate the order a lot better. This will save me like 4k in the long run, and I can get the limited wrx instead of a premium.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dang man thats cool. I want the premium but if I have to get the base model I will. There is a base model that is nice in tucson. Do you know if 2013 will stay same?

·
Registered
118 Posts
NObody knows :( don't let them lie to you.

However, it'll either be the same, or it'll have a new direct-inject engine making 280+hp stock, with better fuel economy, and a whole new chassis. Now that'd be awesome. I'd actually rather gamble and get that, but that's just b/c I'm hoping they'll bring the engine back into the car a little and make it even more awesome. We'll see though.

The premium comes with the moonroof, the fog lights (addable to base) and the heated seats/mirrors/windshield wipers. If you can live without those things, base is the place. Limited just adds the leather and the HID headlights... meh, put a set of PIAAs in the base and you'll see far lol.

I'm jealous of your weather, and your availability - get your dealership to look up around california and such. I have to say though, you need to make this decision THIS WEEK and get in touch with someone about finding a car. You can't order one anymore, they have to find an existing unsold car. It's really very difficult. I think there are about 8 within 500 miles of me.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
O man, your just adding to my stress. lol. I would jump on the silver base one in tucson if I can get this truck sold. Have not even posted yet I need to sell dirt bike too. Now on the fog lights, can I just swap them into base model slot? Looks like that section might just pop out but cant tell for sure. And how do they swap in a moonroof on the base? Thats all I really want is the moonroof, foglights.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Check out a trade in for the truck.

Also, there can be no swapping of the moonroof. Sorry! the fog lights can be added because they just clip in and plug into the stock wiring harness lol. You'll need the premium to get that moonroof, period :( Honestly though, the premium isn't that much more expensive. Just hard to find right now.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok cool. thanks alot man. I will look and see what I can find. I dont mind flying to buy either. Would be a nice trip, then fun drive home. Thanks agian.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Ok cool. thanks alot man. I will look and see what I can find. I dont mind flying to buy either. Would be a nice trip, then fun drive home. Thanks agian.
I have a Dark Gray premium hatchback here but it's on hold for another member until Saturday, he's kinda 50/50 about the hatch thing but I told him I'd do him a favor and give him first shot at it because my store just sold the 4 door he wanted yesterday! lmk if you'd be interested in that for 500 under invoice if he backs out.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Hey rexxx, want to magically find a WRB limited trim somewhere? haha. Lord knows I can't locate one!

At this point I"m pretty set on waiting for a 2013. But when I get it... I know where to get it! a 500 mile drive home isn't THAT bad, after all.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Hey rexxx, want to magically find a WRB limited trim somewhere? haha. Lord knows I can't locate one!

At this point I"m pretty set on waiting for a 2013. But when I get it... I know where to get it! a 500 mile drive home isn't THAT bad, after all.
No but I can magically turn the WRB ltd you want into a black Ltd 4 door or 5 door! Abra cadabra!

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
You owe $7K, but what does NADA value your truck at?

·
Registered
118 Posts
No but I can magically turn the WRB ltd you want into a black Ltd 4 door or 5 door! Abra cadabra!
That's an impressive power! IF you can follow it up with making me want a black car we've got a deal.

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,699 Posts
Only you can answer the question: "Do I need a truck?" We all have different needs that our vehicles have to accommodate. In my case, I have a beater truck and a fun little wagon. All I need, for the time being. :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts