ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been trying to decide if I should get the Pioneer ND-BC20PA backup camera or sensors. Does anyone have either one?
What would you suggest?

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
I see no need for them, but if you really want something I'd go with a backup camera over backup sensors.

·
Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with
8,921 Posts
Why? It's dumb. Unless you are physically unable to turn and look to see what's behind you.

·
Lando Calrissian
3,787 Posts
All depends.... Neither is 'needed' but if you want one of them:

camera will be more useful as it is far easier to see how much room you have then figure it out by beeps sonar style. However, the camera might look a bit out of place depending on type of camera, car color and MY

sensors will take a bit of getting used to the proximity by beep locations. depending on they system you get, you will likely have holes drilled in your bumper to mount the sensors (those round dots you see on Caddy bumpers), some can be painted body color, some have to remain unpainted (normally black)

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,451 Posts
My Honda has the camera with the Alpine nav system. Love it.

·
Wants to Sell His Honyota Civilander..Any Takers?
785 Posts
I know people love the cameras but I'm a bigger fan of the sensors, especially on a smaller car. You can easily see behind you - it's the last couple feet/inches that are tricky, and I find the sensors are more effective and once you are used to them far easier to use without any thought.

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,808 Posts
Why? It's dumb. Unless you are physically unable to turn and look to see what's behind you.
I beg to differ. I worked in downtown Portland for a couple years, and got to be a pro at parallel parking. However, I think a backup camera would dramatically improve my accuracy when fitting into a spot. It might save some three point turning time if I knew I had a few more inches to use.

That being said, I never hit anything, and it never took me more than a few turns to wiggle in anyway, so I guess I didn't really NEED one, it just would have been handy.

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,451 Posts
If there are kids, pets, or obstacles around a camera is great.

·
Premium Member
10,822 Posts
I beg to differ. I worked in downtown Portland for a couple years, and got to be a pro at parallel parking. However, I think a backup camera would dramatically improve my accuracy when fitting into a spot. It might save some three point turning time if I knew I had a few more inches to use.

That being said, I never hit anything, and it never took me more than a few turns to wiggle in anyway, so I guess I didn't really NEED one, it just would have been handy.
There is no parallel parking in Fl.Its not even on the test.

·
8,921 Posts

·
Registered
4,033 Posts

·
SuperNova
11,905 Posts
My wifes Sorento came std with a factory backup cam with display in the rear view mirror, AND parking sensors.

Its awesome, especially in parking lots, or anywhere at night since it is nightvision-ish.

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
I'd rather spend the money elsewhere...like hookers and blow...simply because I'm so damn good I can parallel park a jumbo jet if I need to.

·
8,921 Posts
I'd rather spend the money elsewhere...like hookers and blow...simply because I'm so damn good I can parallel park a jumbo jet if I need to.
Pics or it didn't happen.

·
Lando Calrissian
3,787 Posts
There is no parallel parking in Fl.Its not even on the test.
it seems that most states no longer have it on the test....or if it is, most test admins don't seem to enforce learning it.

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
Pics or it didn't happen.
Eh it was an emergency in NYC with P Diddy and Jay Z...they didn't want to draw too much too much attention, so they didn't snap any pics. Their personal pilot was having trouble so I said...move over, lemme do it. We gotta get to da club mad quick. We had mad shorties waitin for us. Holla.

·
Cheeky Bastage!
2,731 Posts
Eh it was an emergency in NYC with P Diddy and Jay Z...they didn't want to draw too much too much attention, so they didn't snap any pics. Their personal pilot was having trouble so I said...move over, lemme do it. We gotta get to da club mad quick. We had mad shorties waitin for us. Holla.
Rumack: Can you fly this plane, and land it?
Ted Striker: Surely you can't be serious.
Rumack: I am serious... and don't call me Shirley.

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,722 Posts
Never owned one, but I get the feeling that a backup camera is like an iPad. You don't have one, you don't need one. Once you've owned one...now I need one.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts