ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright i just sold my 02wrx for 6 grand and am looking to buy a new wrx or sti.
I found a clean 06 wrx that’s stock only has stage 2 clutch, with 85,000 miles, and its wingless for only $11,500.
The color of the car is dark silver. I have bought new Rota Grid Wheels it will look good on the wrx.

my second pick is a 05 Sti
the car is rally blue with a carbon fiber hood that pretty much it for looks. The car only has 70,000 miles on it. Plus it has a full turbo back exhaust with upgraded EWG on the vf39. My friend is selling to me for $16,000

My plan is a 12second car.
I have bad driving record so my insurance will be high.
If i get the sti for 16000 i will have to take a loan for 10grand.
If i get the wrx for 11500 i will have to take a loan for 6grand.

Plus if I get the sti my insurance would be like 500 a month.

can anyone help me decide.

·
Premium Member
13,124 Posts
1) i wouldnt get the wrx because the mileage is outrageously high & a stage 2 clutch causes extra wear & tear on the transmission. there's no need for it on a stock car.

2) i wouldnt get the sti either because it's been previously modded.

·
Registered
146 Posts
STi will carry a higher insurance but has the 6-speed

Thw WRX is a good year for a WRX, but the mileage is high and a stage 2 clutch on a stock car seems fishy to me for some reason

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
They've both been modded, so, I'd avoid them. It's harder but I'd look for something 100% stock.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
alright so i got other car on the list the people in town are selling.

03 wrx stock only has window tint and its wingless. only has 61,000 miles for 11grand.

05 wrx 100%stock with 25,000 miles for 14grand.

and 04 wrx modded with vf34,invidia turbo back,hks bov,tune at 16 psi. with 18inch wheels that match the car well. with 84,000 miles for $12,700.

help people i dont have car now. need one that will last plus i can modded up. i had wrx that had 204,000miles and sold it. to get a newer one.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
What Dez said. Finding an 05 with that low miles is pretty rare.

Stay away from the 04. (turbo swap, etc......) This was the entire emphasis on not putchasing the 06 or the STi. Modded!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
2005 SUBARU IMPREZA WRX TURBO - ***SUPER LOW LOW MILES!!!***ONLY 24,000 MILES!!***CARFAX CERTIFIED CLEAN TITLE HISTORY!!** Loaded WRX Turbo with 6 Disc CD Changer, Power windows, power locks, cruise control, tilt wheel, keyles remote entry, factory security system, 5 Speed Manual transmission for full control of the excitement, Legendary Subaru all wheel drive system, alloy wheels, rear spoiler, Auto Climate Control System for A/C and heat, and much much more!!! Super low miles, super low price! Great color, great options, great car!!

what you think people good or not

only 14gran plus i got my Rotas wheel that will go perfect on it.

·
Premium Member
13,124 Posts
go test drive. look for signs of being previously modded (no heatshield by the downpipe is a tell-tale sign usually).. if it drives fine and you like it... then yes get it asap!

·
Registered
301 Posts
STi

Get the STi because if you get the WRX you will want to mod it with parts to make it like an STi. Been there and done that with my previous 2004 WRX. IMO.:thumbup:

·
Registered
108 Posts
Alright i just sold my 02wrx for 6 grand and am looking to buy a new wrx or sti.
I found a clean 06 wrx that’s stock only has stage 2 clutch, with 85,000 miles, and its wingless for only $11,500.
The color of the car is dark silver. I have bought new Rota Grid Wheels it will look good on the wrx.

my second pick is a 05 Sti
the car is rally blue with a carbon fiber hood that pretty much it for looks. The car only has 70,000 miles on it. Plus it has a full turbo back exhaust with upgraded EWG on the vf39. My friend is selling to me for $16,000

My plan is a 12second car.
I have bad driving record so my insurance will be high.
If i get the sti for 16000 i will have to take a loan for 10grand.
If i get the wrx for 11500 i will have to take a loan for 6grand.

Plus if I get the sti my insurance would be like 500 a month.

can anyone help me decide.
That STi has to many miles, IMO. I'd go look over the WRX real well it sounds like it could be a nice one!? A low mile STi will be way more money is another reason I'd say the low mile WRX will be a good choice.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
That STi has to many miles, IMO. I'd go look over the WRX real well it sounds like it could be a nice one!? A low mile STi will be way more money is another reason I'd say the low mile WRX will be a good choice.
So you're saying 70,000 miles on an 05 is too high but 85,000 miles on an 06 isn't? :screwy:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts